Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tom D, got a question.
Quote | Reply
Called you this week but you were out, MIke answered my basic question but need an opinion. You have recommended wingnutgear packs for running and are listed as a dealer. I am looking at getting one for my upcoming ultra, what have you used from them?

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: Tom D, got a question. [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just called, you were busy. I'm off to work. I would like purchase this from you rather than online if possible. I know you are not stocking these at this time. I am looking at the Assault or Hyper 1.5 not sure which to get and the manufactur has not returned my emails. Alittle help when you have time.

Jim

Quote Reply
Re: Tom D, got a question. [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Jim,

Wassup? Yeah, we've been slammed. Big sale going on.

This is exactly the pack I use, as a matter of fact, the pack shown in this product shot may be mine since I had a custom made white one for desert/high arctic environment use.

Mine is sailcloth, an extremely lightweight, durable fabric that keeps pack weight down to a minimum. The pack rides low on your back, lower than Moletracks, which I used in the Marathon de Sables in 1999. Here is a photo of me wearing the Moletracks pack in Western Jordan right after the 9/11/01 terrorist attacks:

Another pack that caught my eye recently is the new Nike ACG racing pack:

I don't know if I answered your question specifically enough... Let me know. I have a serious backpack fetish (among others....).

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Tom D, got a question. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom its 10:45 at night, I just got home from work, The pack you used is larger than what I need. You are not the only dude out there with a bag fetish, Dana design being my particular favorite. My question is more about fit than any thing. You are long torso, if I remember right, I am very short torso. So

A)should I order small shoulderstraps on this pack?
B) Can you aquire this for me (I shop LBS if possible)
C) What would you recommend for a 50k- 50 mile race, assuming the main use is training, I may or not wear it for the race depending on my race plan. These are my current options, feel free to sugest others.

http://www.wingnutgear.com/...t_details.cfm?id=126

http://www.wingnutgear.com/...t_details.cfm?id=126

I am currently using a Kelty I like, except that I cannot access the pockets on the pack while moving. That blows.

Jim

Quote Reply