Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bikes fell off roof rack on way to Lake Placid
Quote | Reply
Just heard a second hand report that some people from my gym had their bikes fall off the bike rack on the way to Lake Placid. Needless to say - bikes mushed good. (sorry I don't have pictures)

I believe both bikes were new this year. At least they were riding Cervelos, which as a major sponsor should have a few bikes on hand.

Anybody hear anything about it? What a nightmare.

"which is like watching one of your buddies announce that he's quitting booze and cigarettes, switching to a Vegan diet and training for triathalons ... but he's going to keep snorting heroin." Bill Simmons, ESPN
Quote Reply
Re: Bikes fell off roof rack on way to Lake Placid [Yarf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you find anything out - and they need parts let me know. I can FedEx what ever they need. I even have a 55cm P3 that I could send out in a flash (and would expect everything back the way I sent it)..

let me know...

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bummer!

There's a ST occasional poster whose bike and luggage has yet to make it to Placid. Hopefully everything will arrive today.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Bikes fell off roof rack on way to Lake Placid [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am willing to make my ride available to anyone affected by this - but am in Ohio
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Typical deal. Happens twice a week minimum here.

Jihad against external car racks.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Bikes fell off roof rack on way to Lake Placid [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately we cannot all drive around in the Partridge Family bus. When i have my baby and/or my dogs in the car the bikes are staying on the roof. If they get hurt, I collect insurance and buy others (from Bikesport).
Last edited by: johnt: Jul 22, 05 18:34
Quote Reply
- [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: - [Gary Tingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where are the dogs and the baby?
Quote Reply
Re: - [johnt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
passenger seat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and if it's a little dog ... glove box
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wish.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Bikes fell off roof rack on way to Lake Placid [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
> > Jihad against external car racks.

People die in car crashes every day. Jihad against cars! Kids drown in swimming pools every day. Fill them all with concrete! Your logic is flawed. Roof racks are still a viable product for many many people.
Quote Reply
Re: Bikes fell off roof rack on way to Lake Placid [tripat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I need racks, with the new E, I will have a Yak rack on top with 4 carriers and 4 wheel mounts, Im sure it will look like it was straight out of a grand tour, just need the Mavic stickers on the side, whatever ...

anyway ~

with 4 passengers and bikes, 4 bags, I need the 4 mounts to carry the road bikes or 2 riders and 2 bikes to a stage race

pack mule
Quote Reply