Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tom's wind tunnel test
Quote | Reply
That is one hell of a big wind tunnel!!!!

http://www.triathletemag.com/story.cfm?story_id=10403&pageID=1705

-bcreager
Quote Reply
Re: Tom's wind tunnel test [bcreager] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was enormous and the good crew at Jacobs Engineering gave us the grand tour. It was, all in all, a fascinating day. I learned as much as a person can in 8 hours. It was very insightful.

Both Ford and Ironman are very serious about their commitment to the sport. This isn't just regurjitation of P.R. hype. These parties put elbow grease and hard cash on the line to investigate things that benefit every Ironman competitor.

These people are serious about the quality of their events. If you wonder why Ironman brand races are good quality events and continue to grow- this is just one small example in my opinion.

The people at Ironman take race production and administration seriously and Ford is serious about being a marketing partner.

I was (an continue to be) supportive of and impressed by that. It was a tremendous honor to be a very small part of it.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Tom's wind tunnel test [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are they putting a bigger write up in the next mag? Hope they throw some more pics in there!

-bcreager
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure. I hope so! In 23 years in this sport I have never had my photo in Triathlete mag!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it just me or is it the angle of the photo, but does the woman-- Jessica Williams--in the second position in this photo looked streched out?

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Tom's wind tunnel test [jmhtx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definetly....but, might just be the bike, I notice they are both on the "offical hawaii ironman" bikes. Maybe they didn't have the right size for her. The absence of Tom's Guru almost ruined it for me....but then they gave us a partial rear shot of jessica....so it evens out in the end

-bcreager
Quote Reply
Re: Tom's wind tunnel test [jmhtx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I agree. I think it is either distortion of a wide angle lens or perspective or both.

I should also point out that the bikes we used were not our own. My own Cannondale IM2000 was a different frame size than the one you see me on here. I loved my IM2000 and did 11 triathlons on it last year.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply