Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lightweight Wheels
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know the rim depth of the Carbon Sport Lightweight Obermayer wheels? Also does anyone know anything about the Carbon Sport Carbonframe Total Eclipse? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Lightweight Wheels [SBike1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
www.pezcyclingnews.com did a tech review on them a few monthes back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carbon Sport Carbonframe Total Eclipse

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check their web site. I have seen two up close, one belongs to a friend and have had a chance to look closely at it. I am not a bike techie, but looks really well made, I think its monocque, with overlay in the key areas. Expensive, not a lot of sizes, made in Germany, very similar to a Trek Y Foil in looks and not steep, all 700 wheels last time I checked, and not particulary light in size 56. That's about all I can tell you.

Quote | Reply
I've seen the wheels. Looks like about a 40-45mm rim depth. it is also notable "non"-aero. It is just a straight V-shape. They ARE light. But I don't think they have nearly the aerodynamics of a Zipp wheel. They are never mentioned in comparison with Zipp, Xentis, H3, or any of the other top "aero" performers. Their disc wheel is very nice, but I'd not waste money on their other wheels. They are great hilly stage wheels, since they offer some aero advantage and are also very light.

For the amount of money they cost, you could get a set of Zipp 202's, Zipp 808's, and Zipp Disc. Which do you see as a better investment??

They are certainly NOT the most aero wheel around. Not even close.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply