Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I'll never tell another lawyer joke...
Quote | Reply
Just to recap my story--I was hurt in a bike accident that was someone else's fault. Even though the "someone else" only had a small amount of liability insurance, my lawyer was able to negotiate a much larger settlement with their insurance company. I will not get rich off this deal by any means, but at least I will get something where a few weeks ago I thought I would get nothing. He is not even going to charge his full fee.

Moral of the story--if you find yourself in a similar situation, talk to a lawyer.
Quote Reply
Re: I'll never tell another lawyer joke... [tri_bri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"talk to a lawyer. "

You mean talk to a good lawyer. I've found them to be like accountants, plumbers, mechanics, doctors and everything else - some are better than others.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well it's about freakin time we lawyers got a good rap! Man! Actually, my opinion is that most lawyers don't deserve the reputation...it's just a few bad apples. Regardless, glad to hear it's working out for you.
Quote Reply
Re: I'll never tell another lawyer joke... [Oregondave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are right about the bad apples...just a shame as the bad apples seem to take the most TV time, biggest billboards, phone book pages, and even try to find clients on Slowtwitch...I also worship my PI Atty...he is a great person and great advocate...and he does not need a giant billboard or commercials on TV to get his name out - his reputation does that well enough for his entire practice.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: I'll never tell another lawyer joke... [Oregondave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Well it's about freakin time we lawyers got a good rap! Man!
Seeing as I am married to a practicing attorney, I el safe in saying that there is only one real lawyer joke, all the rest are true! :^>

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The other moral of my story is--Ride your bike in rich neighborhoods, not in the boonies where most of the places look like they could be on the "Redneck Yard of the Week." Rich people tend to have better insurance coverage!
Quote Reply
Re: I'll never tell another lawyer joke... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do some expert witness work. When I have bad experiences, it is usually that the lawyer spread too thin. Too many cases. It is hard to get them to concentrate on your issue. They come unprepared and make me look dumb. Being good often means being too busy.