Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri/IM bike regs - any rule changes on the horizon?
Quote | Reply
I know I could probably spend an hour googling this but I'd be really grateful if someone could explain to me whether there are likely to be any changes to bike regs in the near future. Reason is I'm thinking about a tri bike after a two year apprenticeship on my road bike and have always lusted after a softride. I promise I'll buy the bike that fits me best etc. etc. but is there any reason to worry before I start lining up possibilities? I thought I read a while back that Kestrels without a seat tube may fall foul of upcoming changes?

For a bit of background I don't race a lot at all but tend to target a race or two each year. I'm doing my first IM this Summer and Speights coast to coast in NZ next year. I'll want to kep and race whatever I buy for 3-4 years at least and can see myelf doing tri's and IMs in Europe, the U.S. and N.Z. in this time.

Thanks for reading

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Last edited by: luckyleese: Jul 20, 05 6:32
Quote Reply
Re: bike regs - any rule changes on the horizon? [luckyleese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: bike regs - any rule changes on the horizon? [luckyleese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You may want to change your subject line to Triathlon or IM bike regs. Otherwise folks like Gary will give you UCI info that has little effect on WTC or most other non-ITU races.

- Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
P. J. O'Rourke
Quote Reply
Re: bike regs - any rule changes on the horizon? [Chris in Balto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good call - I was diligently reading the UCI stuff wondering if it was relevant!

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply