Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Steelhead Bike Course
Quote | Reply
Is there any update on the layout of the Steelhead bike course? I rode it for the first time Sunday and was quite surprised to have to ride gravel on the two sections that were tore up. If it's not going to get fixed by 8/6, and the race reverts back to the old course, can someone tell me the changes to the course so I can preview that section? Thanks.

There are three kinds of people, those who can count, and those who can't.
Quote Reply
Re: Steelhead Bike Course [r7950] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've asked the same question of a couple of our customers who live on that side of the state. They mentioned the course is "pretty similar" but that certain pavement sectios will be better. That may point to the repair sections you mentioned.

I'm sure we'll hear more.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Steelhead Bike Course [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Tom. I'm doing Steelhead for the first time.......are the bike and run courses fairly flat or are there big hills? Just a quick rundown on the 'generalities' of the course would be great if you have time. Thanks!
-Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Steelhead Bike Course [matti58] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a profile of the bike course from last year.

Quote Reply
Re: Steelhead Bike Course [r7950] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The old course was almost identical to the new course. The place where it is different is on the northern most stretch. The original course countinued west to Blue Star Highway before turning south again. The new course takes another road south for ~6 miles before cutting west to Blue Star. I haven't seen this construction but my understanding is it is in this new south-bound section.

Thom
Quote Reply