Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TSR Marine bike update (PHOTOS!)
Quote | Reply
Well, I have all the parts - the bike is 99% together and we are about ready for delivery. There was a delay in a lower crown race for the King headset, as well as races for a hub. Profile Design stepped WAY up and donated more than I could have ever wished for - but more important - SLOWTWITCH steped up and beyond. I was sent by members Hed Carbon wheel, pedals, bars, clothing, small parts, tires, HRM's, speedometers, and on and on....I would like to thank each of the people who have sent any parts to TSR by name...but oddly many have asked that they not be named. I will honor them by not naming anyone as I cant recall who did and did not care to mention what they had offered and given. I think however that if all that had sent anything would reply, that would rock.

It is a great honor to be able to give this bike to the Marine. I cant wait to see the look on his face, let there be no question - he deserves it. Marine or no Marine - this man has seen the worst life has to hand out...and he stood up...and of all things; he raced a Triathlon...that is all of us. We together have now helped him in a dream to race Tri as we together got him a bike of his own.

Currently we are trying to build up a bike for a woman in Idaho. We need STI shifters, a drop bar and aero clip on's as well as 650 wheels. Not ever bike needs to be a dream race bike like the P3C - for many any bike is a dream bike...I can remember the days I would dream of just a new 105 rear Der. For once in my life, I can make someones dream a reality...with all of your help.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Last edited by: Record10Carbon: Jul 19, 05 21:54
Quote Reply
Re: TSR Marine bike update (PHOTOS!) [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A great cause. I really like the the idea of pooling together for those less fortunate. This marine deserves this bike! While you may dipute the policy, you can't dispute the people who put their lives on the line.

Oo-Rah! ( I won't write Semper Fi - having never been in the military, I don't know that it's appropriate protocal.)

Jason

(by the way - Is that a nudie pic?)

It's a dry heat!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chip, what size is he (tri clothing)?

If L, I can send two sets of Team Javelin / Sugoi shorts/tri-tops (brand new)

just say go - shoot me your add - they will be in the mail tomorrow

- Gary

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chip,
Be sure to lay it all out in a less crowded area and take some photos of everything.
Quote Reply
Re: TSR Marine bike update (PHOTOS!) [aerosapien] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will certainly post photos of the bike built up and ready...but sure as hell not at my house for you fickle bastards to tear apart.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haaaa...Well, include all of the gear too. Be sure to give full credits for your business donors, they deserve the recognition.
Quote Reply
Re: TSR Marine bike update (PHOTOS!) [aerosapien] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Certainly will. I however do not plan to give this guy 100% of what I was sent. He would end up with a ton of clothing that wont fit and extra parts. Those will all be given to some other person TSR style. So far I cant give enough credit to the busines (singlar) that has dontate - Profile is it. Well, Kegels bicycle store in Rockford Il (www.kegelsbikes.com) as well for tools and small parts, cables, bar tape and what not.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I let my baby grow and look at what she has become. Chip from the bottom of my heart you have made me very happy. I can't thank you enough.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: TSR Marine bike update (PHOTOS!) [mohole15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is not a violation of any "protocol" to say "Semper Fi" to a Marine, even if you are a civilian. If you feel the need, you can say "Semper Fi by permission." That lets the Marine know you are not a Marine, but still respect Marines. You will receive a smile and an "Oorah" or "Semper Fi" in return.

Don't be shy--you cannot insult a Marine (except maybe by mistaking one for a doorman, calling them "soldier," or saying the Marine Corps is part of the Navy (it isn't)).
Quote Reply
Re: TSR Marine bike update (PHOTOS!) [tri_bri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what if you call them "sailor"?

Re: TSR Marine bike update (PHOTOS!) [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
what if you call them "sailor"?
That would probably be a bad idea, especially if you have a speech impediment - i.e. "hello thsailor boy!"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Re: TSR Marine bike update (PHOTOS!) [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That too!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chip,

I want a pic of the new bike, of your house and of you drapped in a french flag!

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: TSR Marine bike update (PHOTOS!) [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Chip,

I want a pic of the new bike, of your house and of you drapped in a french flag![/reply]

Do you have special feelings for Chip?

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Re: TSR Marine bike update (PHOTOS!) [Ed in IL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I once called him an ugly american and we have a special relationship ever since... does this answer your question?!

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have drop bars. In IL.

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Re: TSR Marine bike update (PHOTOS!) [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Yes, I once called him an ugly american and we have a special relationship ever since... does this answer your question?![/reply]

So its love:)

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply