Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Eye Docs (or other experts) LASeK?
Quote | Reply
So I finally decided to make the jump to improved vision and met with a really good doc today (Intern of the year in her day, top 50 opthamologists in the US, university instructor, all the rest of the "stuff", etc. - I really did my research to find the "best") Well, I guess I actually only met with the "consultant" person that decides if I am a candidate or not. I went in "sold" on Wavefront because of all the great stuff I hear about it everywhere (like here) and because of the incredibly impressive clinical trials stuff I had read. Finally psyched to be able to "see" for the first time since like 2nd grade, I went in all excited about the possibilites.

Luck being what it is, has me with an apparent slew of problems, precluding me from Wavefront; principal of which is my thin corneas at 490-ish mm, strong prescription (8.0 diopters on the machine but I wear 6.0 contacts?),a mild astigmatism, big pupils, dryish eyes - did I forget anything?

So the "consultant" says she will talk to the doc and call me, which she does. The doc thinks i may still be a candidate for LASeK (vs. LASiK), so no corneal incision, but a corneal "rolling", I guess?

Can someone summarize for me? In at least close to layman's terms? Anyone had this done? Is it as "good" as Wavefront (I know it's not - but close?) SHould I wait? Is there something new I don't know about?

I'm all freaked out again and don't know if I should pursue this or be stuck with my shitty contacts and dry eyes and all the pains associated with that forever (or 'til the "next great thing" is unveiled)

Help slowtwitch!!

This sucks...
Quote Reply
Re: Eye Docs (or other experts) LASeK? [don] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pm me with your email and i'll put you in touch with a very experienced laser eye guy. he also happpens to be a pretty tough AG'er too.

Train hard...race well.
www.jimmishler.com
"Jim, I happen to agree with you" DougStern
Quote Reply