Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

North Idaho TSR appeal
Quote | Reply
OK, the North Idaho branch of TSR needs some help.

One of Mrs. Vitus' friends won a 2004 Fuji Aloha frameset at the Valley Girl tri yesterday. (You remember, the same race that Mrs. Vitus' relay team won! Wooooo hoo!)

The lady has done the bike portion of a couple of sprint triathlons, and Mrs. Vitus has just about convinced her to take on the whole triathlon solo. So she's very excited about winning the frame (door prize, btw). Problem one is that she doesn't know anything at all about what needs to be done to build it up. Problem two is that she doesn't have much spare cash right now to do it anyway.

As always, anything you can do to help out is appreciated.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: North Idaho TSR appeal [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What all she need? Get me a list. I have most of it from the fine foks at ST Central. More people have promised parts too...I will get this built up for her.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: North Idaho TSR appeal [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What all she need? Get me a list.

Everything except the frame and fork, my man.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will get a list posted of what all I have. Fork threadless? She want aero bars or drop bars?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fork threadless? She want aero bars or drop bars?

Well, shoot. I don't know. I'll check Fuji's site about the fork. As far as the bars, I have a feeling she's going to want drops with clip-ons. I'll find out- maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised, and she'll want the full aero set up. I'll let you know.

Thanks!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can tell you now that I know I have no STI levers...mostly bar ends..should not be tough to come up with some though.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More info about what's needed to build this bike for a potential new triathlete:

The fork is threadless.

She is fine with aero bars and bar end shifters.

The bike needs 650 wheels.

Thanks again to anyone who can help. Mrs. Vitus spoke to her yesterday, and she's very excited.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Shimano 600 crank.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of course yor are lying to the lack of photographic evidence of so called "wife and friends"

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: North Idaho TSR appeal [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The important thing is to send me free stuff, Tibbs. Keep your eye on the ball here, OK?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
More info about what's needed to build this bike for a potential new triathlete:

The fork is threadless.

She is fine with aero bars and bar end shifters.

The bike needs 650 wheels.

Thanks again to anyone who can help. Mrs. Vitus spoke to her yesterday, and she's very excited.

Okay, I have one piece Profile aerobars, and stem - size small. So, how tall is she?

I have Ultegra front, rear der. Bar end shifters, chain

What we will need to scour up - wheels, headset, brakes.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also have a set of brakes, I believe they're single pivot, though, however they work fine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: North Idaho TSR appeal [frogonawire 6.2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perfect! You want to send them?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She's about 5'3" or 5'4", I'd say. The small aerobars should be fine.

You guys are gonna have to help me out on the mechanics of this, I'm afraid. Does she need a headset? I thought there was already one there on the frameset. And will the Shimano 600 crank work? How about a bottom bracket?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know Record, for a materialist, neurotic, self-absorbed freak from Illi-noize, you're really a pretty damn good guy.

Give yourself a high-five.

-- Big EE
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BB should be easy to come by, if not, they are easy to buy ($30). There will also be things like cables and bar tape that will need to be paid for. I would say that once TSR is done...out of pocket will be about $150 depending on if you have a person that can build it up for free or not - Headset MAY have come with the frame...

Oh, and what about seat post? You have that?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, and what about seat post? You have that?

Nope. I do have a saddle, though. (Just threw that in so TSR North Idaho doesn't look completely and totally pathetic.)

Quote Reply
Re: North Idaho TSR appeal [Big EE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You know Record, for a materialist, neurotic, self-absorbed freak from Illi-noize, you're really a pretty damn good guy.

Give yourself a high-five.

-- Big EE
Dude...dont let that get out...I have a reputation I need to protect.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dont let that get out...I have a reputation I need to protect.

No worries. If all that stuff doesn't show up on my doorstep by 4 PM today, I'm going to start a thread calling you out as a big fat liar.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wait 'til he shows up at your house and throws a cup of coffee inside your car window...

So...who has some 650 wheels?

Quote Reply