Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Chattanooga Tri ? - Herbert
Quote | Reply
First let me say that was a great race, in a great location. Was wondering if anyone had an update on the couple of cyclists that went down, and how did the one end up against the inside retaining wall on?
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Tri ? - Herbert [dsmith65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was the rider directly behind the lady who went down extremely hard going down the backside of that hill we started with. She and I had switched leads for about 12 miles, neither willing to work so hard as to leave the other. We were going down that hill the 2nd time when she went down hard in front of me. She was unconscious when I got turned around to see about her. I stopped another rider to watch her and headed back up course for help. I got the Policewoman to radio in and ambulance. Wehn I got back to her she was screaming and crying and somebody who knew her was with her. I think she was from Nashville, according to those you seemed to know. She had "Will race for Cookies" on the back of her race suit/biking bottoms. I sure hope she is OK, but I'm almost afraid to ask. She went down very hard. There was an open expansion joint that ran along the right side of the road there where the entrance ramp joined the 4 lane. I think she dropped her front wheel into it. I was getting a drink and just barely missed hitting her when she crashed. Let me know if you find out anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Tri ? - Herbert [Dirtroads] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I received an e-mail from the race director about the lady. She is from Nashville and is a friend of the race director. She spoke with the lady's husband and he said she was recovering from road rash, cuts, bruises, but nothing broken. There was only one lady listed in open that DNF'd, so I'm guessing that was her.
Quote Reply