Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Select my tubular tire
Quote | Reply
The choices are Vredestein Fortezza Tricomp, Continental Competition or a Vittoria Corsa CX and why you chose the one you did.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Select my tubular tire [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recommend a Vittoria KX 21mm at 130 rear and 125 in the front, this will give an optimal rr vs grip ratio.]

or DUGAST, everyone should ride these before they die:)))))))))

I have horrible back problems but I have zero problems staying in an aero position for 180k. Why? Because I ride steep and because I train regularly in that position. Simple as that.....Gerard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vittoria CX.

Have never heard anything good about Vredestein.

Continental's don't have Kevlar anti-puncture belt in the casing.

That was how I made my decision.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Conti. Mine have always lasted a long, long time. The Vittoria I had needed to be pumped up every 4, 5 days. The Conti, I could go 2-3 weeks without airing it up. (or longer)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recommend pretty much anything from Tufo. Not on your list, but really nice tires. They are consistently very round, but usually tight fitting on the rims. Oh, and the tape is much easier to use than glue. I'd pick something in a 21-22 width, but not too light.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like my tubbies like I like my potatos lumpey Vulcano tubular by Challenge $24.99
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian,

we sell all types of tubulars and by far our most popular is the Vittoria CX. Nice width and tread pattern. They come more "round" then Conti tires which always have a terrible hop. Have you looked at Veloflex, Dugast and Tufo. The Zipp tubulars are nice tires as well - very, very much like the Conti sprinters. I really think Tufo gets a bad rap on this site just as much as Cervelo gets too much hype (bring on the flames).

Most of these tires are made in the same large factory in Taiwan and it depends on which loading dock they leave from as to what label is on them - Zipp, Conti, Vittoria.

I personally ride Vittoria CX and Vittoria Pave's in the winter.

I am a daily tubular rider.

John Teeters
866-508-4676
john@triumph-multisport.com
http://www.triumph-multisport.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gotta go with the Vittoria CX. I told me LBS I wanted a fast tire that wouldn't flat, that's what they put on and I couldn't be happier. You do have to pump them up before every race, but who doesn't do that anyway?

*Your Mama*
Quote Reply
Re: Select my tubular tire [triumph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you sure they're manufactured in Taiwan and not Thailand? All the tubulars I've seen not made in Italy or Germany were sewn in Thailand.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks everybody, I was trying to gauge what how people feel and what people are riding. Those are the tubbies that my sponsor carries. I've ridden vittoria's for years and years as I was sponsoered by them once. I think they gave me a 10 for $100 deal. I currently have tons of tufos but alas one lost it's life today when the valve blew where it joins the tire. It only had 65-70k on it as well. Pisser.

Thanks for the info on the Zipp tires, I just realized that my sponsor carries them as well..Something to consider although I'm leaning toward the Vittoria. I just really liked them in the past. I'm currently riding a mix of Vredsteins and Tufo's both of which I like.

John, I sent you a PM regarding Zero wheels.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Jul 17, 05 19:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Continental Competition 22mm - chosen because these tires rock, and I use them

Also, Zipp suggests a 21-22mm tire on the new 999 wheels
Quote Reply
Re: Select my tubular tire [Gary Tingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah but I have a Renn disc, a Hed stinger 90mm rear and an old hed jet rear, the disc is where the tire is going. It could go on the H3 front though as I need to take a drill to the valve hole since it's not quite straight. What says you with that info?

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I say get thee some Zipps

No, seriously, use what fits, I used Tufos S3 lite 21mm's on my Renn disc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kind sir I may just do that. Why are you in Guam?

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not in Guam. Just some time zone humor, but if I were in Guam it would be for work :)

One of my friends just got back from Sedona yesterday, on a jeeping tour, she said it was so hot that she did not want to get out of her AC'd car when she arrived.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah, it's well over 110 here during the day. So there 105+. No fun. It's still over 105 here at 8:15pm. Fun stuff. It was over 90 this past week when I got up to run at 5:40am

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Dedas anyone? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Our local bikeshop got a shipment of Deda tubies a while back. They look a lot like the old Clements I had in the 60s-70s. Anyone know what is going on with them? Thanks G

Oh by the way, the CX has been a damn good tire for a long time. Very round and supple. Contis do tend to hop but the high dollar ones seem to fly when I ride them. I have gotten more punctures on the Sprinters than other tubies. I have a Tufo p3 on a disc and don't feel that it is any slower or faster than any other tire I use. I haven't done the rolldown/powermeter tests, but TT without speedo/Heartrate/or power data and usually fixed gear so I just fo by "feel". What do I know?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks everybody went with the vittoria as I have always liked them in the past.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply