Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman France medical certificate
Quote | Reply
According to the Ironman France website, at registration you need to show a current "license" from a national triathlon federation, or purchase a 1-day license for which a medical certificate and 30 euros is required. Would I be correct in assuming that my 2013 USAT card will satisfy the "license" requirement? Anyone from the US do this race last year and have first hand knowledge?

Thanks,
David
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman France medical certificate [davidhoy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe, but I would double check on the medical certificate requirement. I have no specific knowledge, but I'm French and I can tell you that it's not specific of IM races. You are always asked to produce a medical certificate (yearly if you are into club activities) that you are fit to race the sport you are practicing. Don;t remeber, but they might even require one to allow organized practice. Kinda antiquated way but that's how it is.

Best way to figure that out would be to send an Email to the race organization. If you have a doctor friend he might be able to scribble something for you that they will accept.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't done France but I did IM Regensburg in 2011 and they had the same requirement. My USAT card worked fine. I'm doing IM Sweden this summer and they have this requirement:

"In order to participate in the IRONMAN Kalmar Sweden, you must have a valid triathlon licence and show it during race registration. You can use a license from your national triathlon federation. It is also possible to buy a one-day license at the cost of 170 SEK. You deposit at Kalmar Triathlons account and enter your name and social security number."

So be sure to bring your valid, current USAT card (not a printed paper copy). Otherwise, that medical certificate could be an issue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi mate
i got my medical certificate yesterday , go here http://ironmannice.com/...rtificat-médical.pdf
print it off and get your doc to fill in the bits.
Then when you register you buy the one day licence show your medical certificate and you are good to go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks like europe is on the fast track to communism
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman France medical certificate [jono] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you missed the point of my question. What I need to know is whether a USAT card is considered a "license". I believe it is, but I want to confirm that. Don't want to pay for a one-day license if I don't have to.

David
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haven't done France. Done Germany and Mexico races several times now, and each time, I have to purchase that country's race license. They don't care about USAT.

Team Zoot-Texas, and Pickle Juice
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman France medical certificate [cyclops] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks like Europe is getting exactly as the US.
I m always obliged to buy one day license (even if I got one from France): Ste Croix - Vegas - Kona ... Three one day pass (still less expensive than full year)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't answer your question exactly but the British Triathlon Federation card is fine so I can't see why a USAT card would be any different
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman France medical certificate [JulianM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I called and then told me my Spanish federation license is fine. They said if you have your countries license, no problemo.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman France medical certificate [Taugen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Taugen wrote:
Haven't done France. Done Germany and Mexico races several times now, and each time, I have to purchase that country's race license. They don't care about USAT.

From the Ironman Germany FAQ:
"Q: Do foreign athletes need a special licence for the race even if they hold a licence of an ITU member country?
A: No, all you need to bring is your national licence for registration. In case you do not have one, you will have to buy a 1-day-licence when picking up your starting documents."

http://ironmanfrankfurt.com/athletes/faq/

Greetings from the German Wine Route,
Roland
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done IM Germany and Challenge Copenhagen. The USAT card was good in both of those instances.

I'm dong IM Sweden later on this year. They've said that the USAT card is good enough for them also.

Quote | Reply
Wanting to sign up for France in 2014....was the USAT member card sufficient for the license requirement?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman France medical certificate [tripadigin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just e-mailed IM-France organizers and they quickly responded that the USAT card is adequate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I showed my ID and USAT card, which the barely glanced at, and I was all registered. I did have the doctor's certificate with me just n case, but it was not necessary.

It was a tough ride yesterday, with some really long climbs that will challenge you if you are not comfortable in the mountains. But more than the climbs, the descents can be very tricky (sadly there was a deadly crash yesterday), so make sure you know how to handle you bike on fast downhills.

The swim was a little challenging too, as the added 800 more entrants than last year. The start was *very* crowded, by far the craziest triathlon start I've ever been a part of. They either need to restrict entries to 2000 like last year or make much more space along the beach.

Regardless, sign up and have fun!

David
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope you had a good race. Just curious, did you use a tri bike or roadie? If you did it again, would that be the same choice? Also, what's the best way to get the bike over...case it and fly with it, ship via carrier like Fedex, or is there a tribike transport like company that goes to Euorpean races? Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually when you sign up it says click here for more info (when asking if you will need a one day licence) and the info after clicking is that any license from a NGB is fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I rode my TT bike, and think it was a good choice for me. I'm much more comfortable on my TT than my roadie, as I spend much more time on it. A lot of people chose to go with a road bike, so I think it comes down to you're most comfortable on. There was even one guy on one of those city bikes you find everywhere in France - the guy was no slouch, and he put many people on fancy carbon bikes to shame. The bike even had a bell and a basket for all his nutritional needs ;-). I had no trouble handling my TT on the descents, but I did get some practice. I'd go with it again...

I took my bike as checked luggage in a hard box - by far the easiest and cheapest option in my opinion.

David
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you sign up for IM france 2014? I did! I am confused about the licence, will they take USAT licence??
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman France medical certificate [alamo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, they take the USAT license. And I did sign up. So looking forward to it!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman France medical certificate [alamo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alamo:

Raced last year. No issues with USAT membership. They took a quick glance with no extra fees.

Great climbs. Great views. Fast descends. Hot run. Well organized. Wonderful food everywhere.

Best to you for the race. Doug
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just signed up for the IM 70.3 in Cervia, Italy in September 22, 2019. I have never raced outside of the U.S. According to the requirement "Compulsory License", I am to bring a Medical Certificate for the practice of triathlon.

It is 3 months away and I just wanted to make sure so that I cover all bases before I go:

• Is the medical certificate from my doctor in the United States sufficient to bring with me?
  • Do I have to get an authorization from the Italian Center for sports medicine to get my medical certificate validated?
  • Is a USAT membership sufficient to use as well in place of a medical certificate?

Appreciate any advise.
Thanks.
//carl
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman France medical certificate [cvillarete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
An USAT annual license will do:

A - You have a 2019 valid license from a national triathlon federation
Add your license and photo identification to your "bring along checklist" right away. During on-spot race registration, you will have to present them to the registration team together

http://eu.ironman.com/...egister/license.aspx

Btw, since I have lived in Italy until I was 25, it's going to be much easier and cheaper to get the USAT annual license... an Italian medical certificate should cost around 50-100 euros.

See you there :)
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman France medical certificate [fab.chr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. Really helps me. I just renewed my USAT.
See you then. Ci vediamo!
Push forward!
Last edited by: cvillarete: Jun 25, 19 8:33
Quote Reply