Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone do the Orbea custom fit . . .
Quote | Reply
My buddy runs a shop that just picked up Orbea and I can get in on a chrono frame at a really good price. At any rate, I'd prefer to go custom this time and wondered in anyone has dealt with Orbea in this regard? Thanks for any input.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone do the Orbea custom fit . . . [JeffJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think you can get custom geometry on the Chrono. I'd email to check with them before I decided on anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone do the Orbea custom fit . . . [john] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hmm, good point. I did check their custom order form and three specific bikes were excluded, non of which were the chrono.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know about the custom fit, but I picked up a chrono this summer and it's sweet!

Joel
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A friend of mine is on the team here in MI. He just ordered a custom frame from them. He said it would take 9 weeks to get the frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone do the Orbea custom fit . . . [Matt Berner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess the one thing that may make the determination is the actual order form. The form requires the specific measurements to made before sending the form in. The problem is that while I really like my shop, they really are not into TT sizing and I would end up coming up with measurements myself, therefore, giving me a custom frame that wouldn't be necessarily perfect for me as determined by a professional fitter. If I could get sizing specifics like done by Yaqui, I'd jump on the chrono in a second because the price is right. I guess this is starting to drive home the overall package value offered by yaqui and elite.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My friend did say that he had to change 3 things or do something different because they couldn't make the measurements work to the frame. not really sure though--sorry I can't help more.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone do the Orbea custom fit . . . [Matt Berner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got the custom order form in .pdf format if you want to take a look at what you can "customize".

Matt is correct tho, they won't make a bike that won't "work". Matt's friend's bike, actually for his wife I believe was to be a 54cm frame with a 52cm top tube. With the shallow seat angle needed for a female's typically longish femur, there was going to be overlap between the front wheel and the crank arm. The bike would steer like a unicycle and while it may "fit" on the computer, it would never fit on the road. Orbea will veto frame configurations that they feel won't deliver an "Orbea-like" ride.

on another note Waterford will reject ill-concieved ideas about fit as well. 52cm bikes with 220mm headtubes, and super short top tubes will never see productions.

Seven on the other hand will build you anything you want. Even if it rides bad, has terrible handling characteristics, and simply won't benfit the rider, if you ask them to build it and pay them, they'll piece it together; I've seen this result in some pretty angry customers unable to control their "self designed" frankenbikes.

shoot me an email if you'd like the form

d_koesel@hotmail.com

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply