Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cycling/Technological advances [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Re: The video " The Mysterious Cycling Champion "
Has a section devoted to the pedaling style.

---------------------------------------------------

So, the only published information about this technique which you herald as potentially the most revolutionary discovery in cycling since inflatable tires is a short excerpt in a television documentary on Anquetil's life? I would think that if this mysterious technique had any merit it would not still be that mysterious 3 years after it's revelation in this documentary. I would have expected that there would be significant literature and studies completed or at least in process to prove this. What else do you have besides a tv documentary?
In Reply To:

So, the only published information about this technique which you herald as potentially the most revolutionary discovery in cycling since inflatable tires is a short excerpt in a television documentary on Anquetil's life? I would think that if this mysterious technique had any merit it would not still be that mysterious 3 years after it's revelation in this documentary. I would have expected that there would be significant literature and studies completed or at least in process to prove this. What else do you have besides a tv documentary?
In Reply To:

In Reply To:

In Reply To:

In Reply To:

In Reply To:

In Reply To:

In Reply To:

In Reply To:

In Reply To:

Quote Reply
Re: Cycling/Technological advances [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]

So, the only published information about this technique which you herald as potentially the most revolutionary discovery in cycling since inflatable tires is a short excerpt in a television documentary on Anquetil's life? I would think that if this mysterious technique had any merit it would not still be that mysterious 3 years after it's revelation in this documentary. I would have expected that there would be significant literature and studies completed or at least in process to prove this. What else do you have besides a tv documentary? [/reply]
[reply]

It was demonstrated by some good close up
pedaling action and some good very serious
time trial pedaling action, nothing was revealed
because as the narrator said, it held many secrets
such as the unity of movement, body position and
the unusual style of pointed feet as they nurtured
the pedals and as far as the makers of the video
and his racing manager were concerned, the source
of his high geared pedal power was still a mystery.
Just as in the days when Anquetil was racing, it
was an embarrassment to the cycling experts who
could not discover how he did it, today they refuse
to recognise the fact that it ever existed.
Suppose I am correct, where does that leave all
the pedaling experts of the past 50 years. The
worst aspect of this whole affair is that countless
riders have been put through years of needless
lower back pain torture, which could have been
eliminated by this simple and much more effective
technique.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling/Technological advances [grumpyguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"even the cannibal used technology to his benefit. the bike he road in 72 for the hour record was titanium"

more importantly, he did it at 7500' above sea level.

and less importantly but still true, you can't get tubulars today that were as good as those we used to ride in the 70s.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling/Technological advances [perfection] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maybe you do not pedal in circle, but gee...that post was big time circular!!!

maybe you should refrain from quoting (specially 6-7 times the same thing)
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling/Technological advances [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]
maybe you do not pedal in circle, but gee...that post was big time circular!!!

Sorry about that, I don't know how it happened.
But you have not answered the question,
have you seen the video of J Anquetil.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling/Technological advances [grumpyguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the stem was ti not the frame but the seat post was drilled to lighten it
Quote Reply

Prev Next