Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

wetsuit for MI races
Quote | Reply
Hey - my first tri will be in Petoskey or Ludington, MI late this summer (http://www.3disciplines.com/region.html#midwest) and I need to buy a wetsuit soon - any advice?

Anyone done one of the above races?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: wetsuit for MI races [Ryno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, be sure you get an optimal fitting suit and you learn how to put it on correctly: That is key to the suits effectiveness.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live in Harbor Springs and work in Petoskey. The Petoskey tri is cool. Nice Lake Michigan swim, water will be plenty warm the end of August. Bike course has a few hills, nothing bad. Flat run along the water. Tons of fun, lots of local dudes battlin' it out. You'll love it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ryno,

Do a search on 'wetsuit' or 'speedsuit' across these forums and you'll find a ton of discussion around which wetsuits work well for different people. Temperature consideration in addition to fit, which Tom mentioned, will be important as well. People spend lots of money on suits for different reasons. Because of budget and questions about longevity on the sport, I chose to go cheap and got a full suit Orca speedsuit. Very affordable but I expect it to be warm come August and September. I would expect there would be more bib johns (sleeveless) at that time. Consider longevity in terms of budget and times of year you'll race and then consider the different brands available. FWIW, I like my Orca and would buy it again, but like Tom said, try some on before you buy and you'll know what feels good and what doesn't. If you do get one, practice in it before the race.

Good luck.

XXX
Quote Reply