Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I'll Tell You The Problem About What's Going On Right Here [boothrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You've got a long AND hot bike ride scheduled tommorrow in 96 degree heat, or run, or both, and it's Friday, and you just can't be "still" because you really don't want to do it. It starts at the crack of dawn...

I did mine this morning - but I got to sleep in until 4:20. Stayed up late sitting in bed - not still as a china doll - rather lurking on ST until midnight... WTF? Turned out to be one of those "character building" rides where I kept quoting Neitzche for the last 40 miles ("that which does not destroy me..."). ugh.

Rode about 90 miles total (only 85 and humid - guess I'm a pu$$y if I complain) but as much as this ride sucked the life out of me it was worth it. I hope similar thoughts carry you through your ride in the morning...

"Race day is a celebration of your training"
Quote Reply
Re: I'll Tell You The Problem About What's Going On Right Here [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right. And I am not even training for anything, so why 100 miles on Sunday?
Quote Reply
Re: I'll Tell You The Problem About What's Going On Right Here [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I am not even training for anything, so why 100 miles on Sunday? "

Because it's an excuse to ride with the roadies. You don't think I'd do this solo did you.:)
Quote Reply
Re: I'll Tell You The Problem About What's Going On Right Here [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"why 100 miles on Sunday? "

Also beats listening to some boring church sermon on a Sunday morning. Of course I may pay for this later. :)
Quote Reply

Prev Next