Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Everybody's favorite bike
Quote | Reply
Even if they don't know it.
(Though, the handlebars are a bit of a mis-spec.)

Quote Reply
Re: Everybody's favorite bike [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"(Though, the handlebars are a bit of a mis-spec.)"

Not to mention the wheels and crankset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd opt for a different aerobar, perhaps a Hed S-bend with silver tape.

Dave in VA
Quote Reply
Re: Everybody's favorite bike [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's wrong with xlab?
It's a triathlon specific company, and those wheels look pretty friggen sweet when they are spinning.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's a true story that could only happen with trigeeks. I've posted it before but its still post worthy.

Wife and I went to a triathlon in a nearby city. We drove up the night before and went to the pre-registration.

In the parking lot was a bright red Ferrari 308. A few parking spaces away was a clapped out Volkswagen Rabbit with a beautiful bright red Lotus bike attached to the roof. It was about the same shade of red as the Ferrari. It was actually the first one I had ever seen in real life.

There was gang of people huddled around the Lotus admiring it and nobody was paying any attention to the Lotus.

Only with trigeeks. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Everybody's favorite bike [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, screwed that up. Should have read:

"There was gang of people huddled around the Lotus admiring it and nobody was paying any attention to the Ferrari."
Quote Reply
Re: Everybody's favorite bike [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm gussing that it was the Ferrari that noone was looking at?

Lehmkuhler
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What makes a wheel or a crankset triathlon specific?? Their website even makes mention of the Russian National Cycling team using "their" disc. As far as I can tell XLab went from building gadgets (like the "saddlewing") to frames to wheels. I suspect many of their products are simply rebadged massproduced versions. Why are their wheels good? Have they published any data about their 3 and 4 spoke wheels? My guess is that these products are a good way for a retailer to get higher margins.

Either way, I think that if someone is going to drop the coin on a Lotus, they ought to go for top end wheels and components. Even if they don't match!! Oh, the horror!!! ;-)
Quote Reply