Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Minimum training Time
Quote | Reply
What would you feel is the minimum length of training needed to complete an ironman?

Would 6 weeks be to short a time to get in a couple of 90+ bikes and maybe a 18+mile run?

I had been training for a 1/2 but was unable to do the race. i did an ironman last year and know what is involved, but i feel like i could will myself to a finish. Am I dreaming or what?

Thanks,
Mark
Quote Reply
Re: Minimum training Time [trimark0769] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does the 6 weeks include the taper, or is that before a taper?

If it were me, it would depend on how much I had done in training for the half. Right now, I know I could get ready for an IM in 6 weeks, but I've been putting in 10-12 hours of training since last January. I've done many 60+ mile rides up to 80 miles, and put in more running this year than my first IM. The only thing that would worry me is trying to get up the running mileage quickly to 18-20 miles (my longest as of Sunday will be 13) without getting hurt, but that's doable in 6 weeks if I'm careful.

So, I guess you're the one that's knows better than us. If you're going from zero fitness, no, if you're going from a high level of fitness, yes. You didn't give us much information on your current fitness level, so there's really not much anyone can say.

---------------------------------------------------------

"What the mind can conceive and believe, the mind and body can achieve; and those who stay will be champions."
Quote Reply
Re: Minimum training Time [trimark0769] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It depends what your current fitness level is and what you goals are. Do you want just to finish the IM or do you have higher goals.

I think you can finish an Ironman when you trained properly for a 1/2 IM. Because you have doe an IM last week you have a certain base and experience.

Felix
Quote Reply