Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What will my 1st HIM (Steelhead) time be?
Quote | Reply
I know there are many factors that go into it, but here are the times from a recent sprint (they're pretty consistent with other races I've done). What can I extrapolate from these? 5:45? 6:00? Clearly I won't be able to do any of single leg as fast, but how much slower will I be?

Swim (600m): 11:00 (10:18 in water)
T1: 1:33 (Handle bars got caught in the spoke of the guy next to me)
Bike (15 mi): 45:02 20 mph
T2: :49
Run (5K): 20:15

I've also done a 1/2 mary in 1:32 (very hilly).

Brendan (Excuse the parentheticals)
Quote Reply
Re: What will my 1st HIM (Steelhead) time be? [Gator1736] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd bet a C note that you can go under 5:30.

Good luck!

Fish

Seeing him in deep torment, I said. " You can have my last GU , but its been down my pants for most of the run". - John Hirsch

Take care of your body, its by far the coolest thing you're going to ever own.- Can't remember who told me this, but I love it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5:31:34.359847
Quote Reply
Re: What will my 1st HIM (Steelhead) time be? [neotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joking aside, Just go out there and have a good time. The first race is a learning experience. But based on your sprint time, you seem to be in very good shape to break 6:00.

Good Luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL. Thanks. My official goal time is now 5:31:34.359847.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
add together your moderate to hard training pace for each sport. 1000yd tt pace, tempo ride and run pace. do the same for your long swim,ride, and run pace. this usually gives you a 30 min window or so. It's pretty easy to guess your run and swim times from training, but the bike time is very course dependent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]
Swim (600m): 11:00 (10:18 in water)
[/reply]

What were you swimming the 600m in when it took you 11:00 -- jello?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I think sub-5:30 as well. Depends on how much of a bike base you can develop. Bike base = faster bike and better run off the bike. That'd be where I'd focus my energies, especially if you have run a 1/2 marathon at a good speed already.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: What will my 1st HIM (Steelhead) time be? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thats very similar to my sprint times, and i went just under 6... granted i bonked like a champion. My one piece of advice is to really work on your nutrition. It cost me big time. With those times you def have the ability to go sub 5:30. Good luck and have fun

- Nick
Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
Quote Reply
Re: What will my 1st HIM (Steelhead) time be? [stallion1031] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

- Nick
You're the man now dog!

That's the first sig in a while that made me laugh out loud...I can't remember where I heard it, but someone played that line over and over and over again on a radio show...sounded funnier each time!
Quote Reply
Re: What will my 1st HIM (Steelhead) time be? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rappstar-

You callow, shallow bugger, you! I'd be thrilled to be in the water 10:18 for 600m!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]5:31:34.359847[/reply]

I'm happy to report that I went under 5:31:34.359847. Actually finished in 4:57:53--a lot faster than I thought I would. Race went great, as has already been posted, the weather was beautiful and the volunteers were spectacular. Thanks to Tom Zeibart (who I met at the bar later), the race coordinators (one of whom my wife, sister-in-law and I drank with until the wee hours) and the volunteers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good job. I guess I better look for another job outside of forecasting:)
Quote Reply