Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Did anyone here go see Slowman last night?
Quote | Reply
I was torn beween a much needed brick workout and going to the Tri Club San Diego meeting to hear Dan talk yesterday. I missed Tuesday's workout, so I chose to ride and run (sorry, Dan.)

Anyone have any comments?

Quote | Reply
i was boring. you made the right choice.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone here go see Slowman last night? [GJB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you know for a guy his age, and lack of hair on his head, he still seems to attract the woman. There was a group there just swooning over his every word.

You missed a treat in hearing the Slowman talk. But then you get to read it hear everyday.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone here go see Slowman last night? [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
" you know for a guy his age, and lack of hair on his head, he still seems to attract the woman. There was a group there just swooning over his every word."

Slowgroupies? ;-)

Quote | Reply
Not boring! Just a guy sharing his thoughts.

San Diego needs a good, simple, homey, local lake race! Otay Lake, Cuyamaca Lake - fantastic! Who's going to organize it? What about Slowman? or some other guy who lives at Cuyamaca Lake?

Dan, what do you think about the Silverwood Lake Triathlon up in your neck of the woods? Is this another step in making the San Gabriel/ San Bernardino/Valyermo High Desert a compliment to Boulder,CO? Don't you still get some pretty good winds up there?
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone here go see Slowman last night? [coyote pelon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cuyamaca -- a former IM Hawaii overall winner lives up there, you know.

silverwood -- good potential venue. i would DEFINITELY be there, except it's a conflict with master's nationall 10k road champtionships in paso robles, which i'm leaning toward attending.

in the ranges of mountains encircling the L.A. basin there is a venue which has never been opened up, and which i believe would yield a FANTASTIC race. monty and i are going to give it a shot.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I lived a little closer to San Diego, I must certainly would have gone. Would never pass up free pizza!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GJB,

As a big Slowtwitch fan, I wouldn't have missed it. Slowman spoke first about being a race director going along with the series he has been writing, then he got into a bit of USAT politics, sharing his opinions in the unvarnished fashion one would expect from Slowman. At one point, there was a comment something like "for a man in his forties, that Mike Plumb is a sexy man". :) When all that was said and done, the discussion turned to bike fit and wetsuits. After the meeting a sizable scrum surrounded Dan with fit questions. It was a good meeting and thanks for coming down to SD Dan!

Paul
Quote Reply