Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Assos cream?
Quote | Reply
Is it really worth the extra bucks? I've been using Chamois Butt'r with no problems, but I'm almost out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Assos cream? [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go ahead, give it a try.

I am trying the Asos as well having used the last of the 'butter' about 2-weeks ago! It was only a couple bucks more at the LBS and initial impression seem to indicate that it is a little longer lasting although I apply it to the skin and have yet to actually apply it to the chamois. Also, once applied it offers somewhat of a cooling sensation that I have found to be a pleasant change of pace!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know, thank you. I mean, I sell the stuff..... But no, it isn;t worth the extra money frankly. That said, people buy the heck out of it. What gives?

I think Chamois Butt'r is every bit as good.

Weird.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Assos cream? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sales went through the roof as soon as the public found out it was what Lance used on his bum.

"....No longer easy on the eyes but these wrinkles masterfully dusguise the youthful boy below."~Death Cab for Cutie

http://www.a1cyclery.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Born Sportscare #8: Cyclist Creme is also really nice. As is the Sportsbalm Skin Protector. The Born stuff is regularly rated ahead of Assos creme in several well regarded Euro mags and was recommended to me by my LBS which sells both that and Assos as the better of the two.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Assos cream? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speaking out of ignorance here , I have never used ANY of these products . I cycle in Desoto or Sugoi shorts. Occasionally I do get welts from the friction of the fabric joint.

Am I missing a trick here ? Are Assos or the other butter really that good ? And if so ......instructions please ?

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream" - Les Brown
"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment" - Jim Rohn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use hand lotion from the drugstore for about 1/10 the cost of the cyling specific creams. The lotion has the same ingredients as the high priced spread. Lotion is not quite as thick as chamois cream but your skin absorbs either one very quickly.

Is there really any difference between the 2 other than the outrageous price?

Larry
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Read my blog. You will find out everything you need to know about chamois creams.
Quote Reply
Re: Assos cream? [Larry Himmel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok, despite the Bunnyman blog (although intersting), it seems I might stick with Chamois Butt'r, after trying some skin cream.

Yes, it's cheaper, unless I snag some of my Gf's Lush stuff.

Which would probably piss her off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the Assos creme. But when Excel Sports backordered it last month, I ordered a jar of the much less expensive "Relief" brand. And frankly, I see no difference. They're both good cremes, but the Relief costs a little less than half of the Assos.
Quote Reply
Re: Assos cream? [Quadzilla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a couple of brand new jars of ASSOS cream I'll sell. Any offers?

I know, wrong forum. But it is related though.

~AB~
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I couldn't say but despite the slightly inconvenient packaging style (I don't like tubs) it seems to have given me the best results when applied directly of all the cremes I tried so far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Assos cream works OK, the slightly mentholated tingling feeling is bueno. Post ride, mixed with sweat, it smells nasty. Really nasty. Hazmat nasty.

Boudreaux's Butt Paste is the way to go, IMO. Works better, smells better, lasts longer, cheaper.
Quote Reply