Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Frogs swept up in tornado and later dropped onto village, Francois' family said to be "dizzy, but otherwise fine."
Quote | Reply
Belgrade - Thousands of tiny frogs rained on a town in north-western Serbia, the Belgrade daily Blic reported on Tuesday.

Strong winds brought storm clouds over Odzaci, 120km north-west of Belgrade, on Sunday afternoon, but instead of rain, tiny amphibians fell from above, witnesses said.

"I saw countless frogs fall from the sky," said Odzaci resident Aleksandar Ciric.

The frogs, different from those usually seen in the area, survived the fall and hopped around in search of water.

Belgrade climatologist Slavisa Ignjatovic described the phenomenon as "not very unusual".

"A wind resembling a tornado can suck in anything light enough from the surface or shallow water.

"Usually it's just dust, but sometimes also larger objects," Ignjatovic told Blic. - Sapa-dpa
Quote Reply
Re: Frogs swept up in tornado and later dropped onto village, Francois' family said to be "dizzy, but otherwise fine." [Kevin in MD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my mom and dad are fine. they said they always wanted to visit Serbia
Quote Reply
Re: Frogs swept up in tornado and later dropped onto village, Francois' family said to be "dizzy, but otherwise fine." [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jeez Francois, your sense of humour stands you in good stead around here. Well done. Fracois is like that old Timex comercial. "He takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'".

(Now wait for obligitory lickin' jokes)

J
Quote Reply
Re: Frogs swept up in tornado and later dropped onto village, Francois' family said to be "dizzy, but otherwise fine." [JohnG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Forget it - I may have licked a frog in my youth, believing the myth, but now I'm 'mature', no way I'm approaching Francois or any other frog with that in mind.

Cheers

Barry
Quote Reply
Re: Frogs swept up in tornado and later dropped onto village, Francois' family said to be "dizzy, but otherwise fine." [Kevin in MD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
one thing comes to mind... P.T.Anderson's excellent movie Magnolia...

and no, he is not related to Bjorn Andersson (?)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I guess kindergarden is over...

Tough times don't last, tough people do ;-)
Francois.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Isn't that what happened in Magnolia?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Back home at last....

Quote Reply