Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

rearview mirror question
Quote | Reply
I am new to the triathlon world so I am not trying to offend anyone with this post. I did my second 1/2 iron this weekend in GA and noticed some drafting going on (wich I assume is common in a lot of races) here was something I noticed though

I group of about 5 guys passed me and they had a nice little pack going on and they all seemed to be sharing the lead and taking a pull - they did not seem to care they were drafting - here was the interesting part - a couple of them had rearview mirrors on their helmets - and a few minutes after they passed me a marshall was spotted on the course - it sure seemed like they spotted him in their rearview and broke up their pack - then when the marshal was gone regrouped.

Does this sounds common? Or is this just a random way that people get around the rules so they are not caught?

Like I said - not trying to piss anyone off - just wondering if I am going to continue to see this in all my races.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: rearview mirror question [runhappy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only guys who will wear a mirror for a race are drafters imho, most mirrors don't work well on a bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You don't see a lot of mirrors at races. But, at some races it is not unusual see packs that break up and reform when officials are around.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nothing like some organized cheating to swing the karmic balance out of your favor. Cheaters never win, winners never cheat.

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply