Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ear Draining Procedure? (any ENTs out there)
Quote | Reply
I've had some kind of water or liquid in my ear for four months and its not coming out. It started with having sore ear tissue during the winter from swimming, with a deep itch, in that right ear. Now when I open my mouth I can ear the ear pop. Its like congestion but not fully draining. I use silicone ear plugs, and I think I pushed some water into my ear or caused that inner tissue to swell. It feels like i still have water in my ear. Putting the silicone plug in on that ear now slightly hurts and its almost impossible to shake out tiny amounts of water in that ear after I swim. I can feel the water just come blocking in and closing on that ear.

I'm I going to have to go to my ENT to get my ear drained. Is there a procedure for that?

Also, my buddy paid 80 bucks at some Ear Clinic for a special foam plug to fit his particular ear. Has anyone else laid down that much for those things.
Last edited by: boothrand(TBO): Jun 6, 05 17:23
Quote Reply
Re: Ear Draining Procedure? (any ENTs out there) [boothrand(TBO)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am at this moment suffering from a painful bout of swimmers ear. This is amazingly enough the first time I've had this happen to me in all my years of swimming. Have you tried alcohol after swimming? Not a drink, but a little isopropyl in your ear to dry it out post swim.......kj

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: Ear Draining Procedure? (any ENTs out there) [boothrand(TBO)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gee, I don't know, maybe you should f around with it till you need one of these. Very sexy. Try it on the women-just walk around with a dime in your ear at the disco.

Quote Reply
Re: Ear Draining Procedure? (any ENTs out there) [KEJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Back from google...

That's exactly what i have.

i wonder if I have perforated my freaking ear drum, now.

I've been feeling like that guy walking sideways in the V8 Commercial from this. IT messes up your equilibrium a bit, for running, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know its miserable. I was supposed to volunteer at Honu yesterday, but I felt like I couldn't even stand up straight.....kj

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They used to make some drops you put in your ears after swimming. I think is was an alcohol that helped dry up the water and avod swimmers ear. Of course, that was 15 years ago, but I remember them working really well. Good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What it sounds like you have is an inner ear infection. You should see a doctor and get on some antibiotics and ciprodex drops. I also recommend using auro-dri (once your infection clears up) you can find it at any drug store next to the wax ear plugs. I am unfortunately experienced when it comes to this being a competitive swimmer my whole life, and now I teach swimming for a living, so I pick up a new infection about every two weeks. Don't waste your money on any expensive ear plugs, I have a custom pair that my mom paid $250 for from an ENT when I was in high school and they do nothing but trap water, but then again wax aren't all that great either.

I feel your pain, good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I showed your post to a buddy (client of mine) who is an ENT. He said #1, go to see your doctor - make sure that your insurance will not need a referral for an ENT before you go right to the ENT. And ANY...earp plug would work, go to the store and pay $2.00 for them if you they have them...water tight is water tight. Apply alcohol drops after you swim if that is an issue.

I almost hate to reply their answers as more often that not they are afraid they will be sued for giving advice to people who they have never seen

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply