Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New wheels...bittersweet!
Quote | Reply
Well, I talked to the 'bank' and she said I could order my new wheels...WOOHOO!!! Right? Well, not quite yet. While doing all my research, I kept looking and looking and looking at the Performance web-site and it kept saying in stock in stock in stock. You can see where I'm going with this. Well as soon as I got the OK, I went to the web-site again with my 20% web coupon...FRONT WHEEL'S ON BACKORDER!!!!!!!!!! UNTIL JULY 15!!!!!!!!!! What the hell is that ?????? So now Slim Fast (my trusty mare with not so trusty wheels - Slim Fast b/c I can tell everybody that "I've lost 25 lbs. on Slim Fast!") sits in the garage while I cheat on her with Ms. Speedo goggles and Ms. Nike shoes, working on those aspects of my preparation. I guess it's kind of a blessing in disguise since I've spent ALL of my time on my bike this year. I needed a sort of kick in the shorts to get me into swimmin' and runnin'. Actually started to swim yesterday. Perhaps a run today?

Oh well, had to vent. I'm still fired up I'm getting new wheels.

FWIW, I took the advice of a few on here and got the Mavic Open Pro CD, 32h, w/ Ultegra hubs, and DT Swiss 14/15 DB 3x spokes. Can't wait to get 'em. Thanks y'all for the advice.

Kupe

----------

Since life ultimately ends in death, life itself is life-threatening.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS
Quote Reply
Re: New wheels...bittersweet! [kupe du monde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since life ultimately ends in death, life itself is life-threatening.

I laughed out loud at that one...it's a variation on what I always tell people, that being "life causes death..." Usually comes up when someone is talking about the latest study about some newly-discovered death threat from everyday living--be it drinking coffee, milk, eating spaghetti...whatever.

Enjoy it while you can!
Quote Reply
Re: New wheels...bittersweet! [kupe du monde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those are nice and I know you will enjoy them when you get them- good choice.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: New wheels...bittersweet! [Mike C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Life is a deadly STD!
Last edited by: Trirunner: Jun 6, 05 16:44
Quote Reply