Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Saw this on Velonews - thought someone here might be interested
Quote | Reply
Sports publisher seeks an experienced , detail-oriented managing editor for VeloNews, the Journal of Competitive Cycling. Responsibilities include working with editors, designers and freelancers to coordinate assignments, copy and art under tight deadlines. Must have strong editing, writing /re-writing, budgeting and proofing skills, and experience in scheduling and staff management. 2+ years experience in a similar position at an accelerated frequency magazine and/or newspaper required. Knowledge of competitive cycling essential. Résumé and cover letter: Attn Human Resources, Inside Communications, Inc. 1830 N. 55th St., Boulder CO 80301-2700. Or jobs@insideinc.com. No calls, please.
Quote Reply
Re: Saw this on Velonews - thought someone here might be interested [kac94] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can they use a chiropractor?

Actually I worked for a car magazine as a contributing editor at one time. Would love to send them an application but I'm sure there are other people more qualified for the job. I'll just have to continue taking out my literary frustrations on the ST forum.

Unless they decide to call me of course. .:)
Quote Reply
Re: Saw this on Velonews - thought someone here might be interested [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey C'Guy. Just out of curiosity, was it the old Track'n'Traffic magazine?
Quote Reply
Re: Saw this on Velonews - thought someone here might be interested [JohnG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No I'm not that old! I do remember the Track 'n' Traffick though. It was a great mag in the 60/70's.

We had a magazine called Sporting Classics pubished out of Ottawa in the late 80's/early 90's. The magazine was about classic cars of a sporting nature. It was a fun gig for the 3 1/2 yrs it lasted. I used to go to all the classic car meets and vintage races, etc. I was quite involved with my Triumph TR4, TR8 and Spitfire at the time so writing about old cars was a lot of fun.

Unfortunately when the recession hit in the early 90's we lost our advertising revenues and the mag folded. The magazine industry is a tough business that relies on advertising to survive. All of us involved fortunately had day jobs elsewhere when the magazine went under.

I've always wanted to work in that industry again, but it's a bit risky, so I'll probably stay doing what I'm doing.
Quote Reply
Re: Saw this on Velonews - thought someone here might be interested [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you were to take over, I'd be more than happy to give you "insider style tips."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried to get a subscription to that magazine! I was too late I guess. We used to get them delivered when I worked with BMW. I kept an issue for years that covered Minis. A nice photo of a Mini sliding through corner two at Mosport in front of a Jag (XK 120?). It also covered a VARAC vintage race from Mosport. I even remember some of the ads. One was for a guy who would build a very crude looking coding device that had to be used to start your car. You guys were just a few years ahead of your time, unfortunately. I ended up getting an absurdly expensive subscription to Vintage Motorsport.

The vintage guys were out your way this weekend, I didn't think to let you know. The Vintage festival is at Mosport the weekend of the twentyfourth. You should go.

John
Quote Reply