Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo Bottom Bracket size
Quote | Reply
I want to put a new bottom bracket in my Soloist. Can anyone verify the size for me. I'm guessing it's the 68x108mm english.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Bottom Bracket size [rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You may want to get the one that fits your crank set - english thread.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am sorry, call me a dick but I nominate that as the most dumb question I have seen on ST in a long long time.

Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Bottom Bracket size [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
O.K you dick, just trying to find out what size came standard. If some one has this info it would save me removing it from the bike to find out.

And by the way, fuck you for your help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is fine...but, why do you want to change the BB? You need to get the one that is compatible with the crankset you have, that decides the length of the spindle...not the frame. The one thing that will change frame to frame (not really anymore) is English, French and BSA threads. You have english...most BB's only come in English anymore.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Rider,

I get this question all the time in customer service. To the bike geek it's an easy answer but not to everyone for sure. Ask me the name of anything under the hood of my car or in my toilet tank and I'm lost. Everyone has their area of expertise.

Cervelo's all use a and 68 x 1.37 Enlgish thread. The axle length is based on what crank you will use. Shimano 9sp cranks are 109.5 mm for their double cranksets, FSA are 108 mm for their ISIS double carbon cranksets and the list goes on.

It's good to see you learning the ropes in terms of your bike. Knowledge is power as they say.

Chris Bastie
Cervelo Cycles
chris@cervelo.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Bottom Bracket size [bastie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Chris, that's exactly what I wanted to know. I was pretty sure about the threads, but noticed there were different spindle lengths available and wanted to get the right one the first time.

Thanks again for your help.

And Record10Carbon, didnt your teacher ever tell you there is no such thing as a stupid question? :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Bottom Bracket size [bastie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good answer and well put. Cervelo seems like a very classy company.

PS: I am enjoying my Soloist Centaur alot. Glad to see there are good people behind it. Now if I could just say the same about my Whirlpool Stove.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Bottom Bracket size [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The one thing that will change frame to frame (not really anymore) is English, French and BSA threads.

Chip, you forgot Italian! Mother of Campag, how could you forget Italian! A Shimano curse on you for two days.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply