Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trek 5200; I just got it!
Quote | Reply
I got home today from Woodstock and this frame was waiting for me. Got it put together to this point just before it started raining. I had all the components, Ultrega 9 speed, I just needed a road frame. Now I've got it!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! πŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: LarryCalifornia: May 28, 05 17:29
Re: Trek 5200; I just got it! [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have owned and ridden a lot of high end bikes but the 5xxx OCLV Trek frames are at the top of the bunch. Don't let everybody give you a bunch of shit because it is a Trek. Enjoy, it is a great tool for the job.

Ron

----------

Quote Reply
Re: Trek 5200; I just got it! [swmrdrn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No soul....none what so ever.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice bike. I'm sure you will love it. Got to admit the picture is less than aesthetically pleasing, but don't let the naysayers get you down.. God forbid you hook it up with anything but campy.

It’s Coke Coke! You Pepsi pervert. Can't you tell the difference? And just check out my Ford pissing on the Chevy sticker. Plus my Mitsu will run down your Beemer. Please put up another pic when you get it assembled and post your riding impressions.

Ned
Last edited by: eabarry: May 29, 05 0:49
Quote Reply
Re: Trek 5200; I just got it! [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
No soul....none what so ever.
That's the absolute biggest load of crap... typically expoused by Colnago and Litespeed owners (and I happen to own a Colnago C-40, Litespeed Ultimate and Trek 5900)
Quote Reply
Re: Trek 5200; I just got it! [MojojojoMasterG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank god somebody finally called Chip on his "soul" crap...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More importantly, no drivetrain what so ever!

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Come on... I have to get some soul points for the Record and tubulars.

----------

Quote Reply
Re: Trek 5200; I just got it! [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"More importantly, no drivetrain what so ever! "

Now THAT could be a problem!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More importantly, no drivetrain what so ever!
Julian in England

Right now the BB is in, the crank is on, the FD is on, both brakes are connected but the back caliper needs a longer nut from the Trek Dealer. I'll be finished and riding around the block this afternoon after I go see the Trek guy for a nut. This morning I had other things to do; wash and wax the truck, change the oil and do the front brakes. Real work has to come before fun work.

Now I have to get back to fun work.

''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! πŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cripes you have that saddle shoved back! That's got to make about ~71deg effective seat tube angle!!!! You're like 1/2 a mile behind the bb...Lemond didn't even ride THAT slack...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like the cue for a smutty bumper sticker:

"Trek dealers have longer nuts!"

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That really is nice and I especially like the color. Nice wheels too. Nice ride.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Trek 5200; I just got it! [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think some of it is the way that I sit on the SLR saddle. For a short time I had a Fizik Atliante on the bike and the saddle was more forward but my ass just never got used to the Atliante so I went back to the SLR. If I move the SLR forward it shifts to much weight onto my hands. I have also noticed on other peoples bikes that most SLR saddles are moved back.

----------

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is a very nice build. Should have gone with the Carbon Record cranks though!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have actually been thinking about it. I have used the Record aluminum cranks for years and the Q-factor on the FSAs bug me a bit. The campy carbon cranks are just so damn expensive.

----------

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shame to ruin such a nice ride for the sake of a few bucks.

Quote Reply
Re: Trek 5200; Time to Head for the Dealer [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Almost ready, now all I need is the nut attach the rear brake calliper and a replacement pin for the chain, I pushed it all the way through. (the top tube isn't clamped, it's just hanging there.) Then a few adjustments and I'm riding.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Nice bike! The rider gives a bike soul. Here is a picture of my Trek. Not fancy, but it runs just fine!

Quote Reply
Re: Trek 5200; I just got it! [giuseppe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  Very cool. Is that your daughter in the Team USA singlet? You're braking all the rules around here; road bike with pursuit bar. STI's on the pursuit bar, no aero front wheel and you must have gone to worlds, Congratulations!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is this your bike. wow, you have one very, very long torso.

and if you push your seat back any more, those rails will snap!

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. She spends all my money so I only get one bike and have to train harder to make up for my poor judgment in bicycle equipment. She rides a Cannondale R800 with my old 650 tri-spokes - she's a little poser.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek 5200; I just got it! [Greg/ORD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The tip of the saddle is 9cm behind the center of the bb which isn't that far back. I think that some of this is the camara angle.

Yes I have a long torso and stuid long arms. I'm 6' and wear a 16 1/2" - 36" shirt, picture an ape you'll be on the right track.

----------

Last edited by: swmrdrn: May 29, 05 15:59
Quote Reply