Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Reasons to support your LBS #432
Quote | Reply
This morning I drove over on the ferry to do my last hill repeat ride on my race bike before next Sunday's 1/2 IM distance race. As it is a holiday weekend I started my session at 0720 to avoid the holiday traffic. As I went to change into the big ring the front derailleur failed to move. I stop and checked it over, only to find that the cable had unravelled at the junction of the cable guide near the headtube!

I drove over to my LBS to see if they opened at 9 or 9.30, and arrived at 8.30 to find them setting up shop for the day. I sked if I could get it done this morning to get the important set in, and low and behold it was wheeled into the workshop and I was promised a call when it was done.

I received that call and was on my way back to the ferry at 10, having paid and left a box of assorted muffins as a thank you.

I completed the session successfully and have the tired quads to prove it.

Can't get that turn around from an online supplier!

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Reasons to support your LBS #432 [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, well done! Good on you to leave the muffins too!

Everyone here is looking forward to your visit.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Reasons to support your LBS #432 [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No as much as Bryce and I am looking forward to coming. After watching the Giro we had a dry run and fitted both bike boxes in the back of the Golf. Did those dvds I sent arrive? And were they playable?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are good shops, and bad shops. There are also good customers, and bad customers. You sound like a good one. I'm sure they were glad to do it for you.

"....No longer easy on the eyes but these wrinkles masterfully dusguise the youthful boy below."~Death Cab for Cutie

http://www.a1cyclery.com
Quote Reply
Re: Reasons to support your LBS #432 [Chris Wiggins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I figure if you patronise your local merchants they are there for you when you need them. If you ask with a smile and don't expect to get something, it's always a bonus when it is possible. I find that if you treat someone how you would wish to be treated you can't go far wrong.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're lucky to have a LBS. I have to travel almost two hours to a shop that I trust. Rural living has some disadvantages. On the otherhand, it's forced me to learn a lot more about bikes than I would have if the LBS was next door.
Quote Reply
Re: Reasons to support your LBS #432 [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very true, I need to sharpen up my skills.

Quote Reply