Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2013 Ironman NYC Suspended- Was it the right call?
Quote | Reply
By now you know, but I wanted to share some of my thoughts with all of you.

Do you think it was the right call?

Here's why I do.

http://www.chicagonow.com/...onman-nyc-cancelled/

Thank you

David
Last edited by: tridaddy7: Aug 14, 12 6:10
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Ironman NYC Cancelled- Was it the right call? [tridaddy7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

The race wasn't cancelled. Did you even read WTCs press release?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Ironman NYC Cancelled- Was it the right call? [tridaddy7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ummmm cancelled?!?!?

---
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Ironman NYC Cancelled- Was it the right call? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It hasnt been cancelled...yet. Interesting that they are refunding all registrations already paid though, but holding spots if you did sign up. That suggests to me that they are 50/50 on whether or not it will happen, so who knows at this point.

http://ironman.com/...onship#axzz23QlEt5wX
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Ironman NYC Cancelled- Was it the right call? [shredz2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed that they might cancel the race but that hasn't happened yet. Does the OP consider himself a journalist or is he just some blogger that's trying to start a row over potentially nothing?

If he considers himself a journalist then he's a pretty crappy one. Just saying.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: Aug 14, 12 5:47
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Ironman NYC Cancelled- Was it the right call? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree! Unless he has some inside information that the rest of us dont then I dont think its journalism and just tabloidism, or bloggism, or whatever unsubstantiated reporting is called these days.

That said, I'll be somewhat surprised if this race does happen next year, or again, ever, based on the suspension/refund of registrations already paid. Thats not like WTC.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are right. It is suspended for a while, until they figure things out. However, dealing with a city that big, it could be a long time. I am wrong. Still did they do the right thing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tridaddy7 wrote:
By now you know, but I wanted to share some of my thoughts with all of you.

Do you think it was the right call?

Here's why I do.

http://www.chicagonow.com/...onman-nyc-cancelled/

Thank you

David

I think IMNJ is cancelled for good. No clue about IMNY.
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Ironman NYC Suspended- Was it the right call? [tridaddy7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was it right? No freaking way, but that’s my emotional side talking right now. As a volunteer who flew all the way from St. Paul, MN to gain a 2013 slot I can’t tell you how disappointed I am. 2013 doesn’t look good and the only thing that will possibly save it is more money. Like everything else in NYC, the more cash you have the more pleasant getting around is. Logistics were tough, but you can’t expect anything else from NYC. For an out of towner who grew up in the tri-state area, it was extremely iconic! I’m very interested to learn more about their decision and hope 2013 will go down as planned.
Quote Reply