Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Chip or Rappstar will know the answer to this one.
Quote | Reply
You know how clear plastic headlight lenses get cloudy--UV damaged or whatever? How do you get them back to clear or almost clear?
Last edited by: Monk: May 28, 05 8:45
Quote Reply
Re: Chip will know the answer to this one. [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is special automotive plastic polish. I think Pep Boys sells it. It is a three step process, at least the one I used was (was a race car wrench for 5 years, so lots of plexiglass). Came in white bottles with different color labels for "1" "2" "3". I'll can ask my friends that still own the shop if you can't find it. But Pep Boys, Autozone, etc. will sell it. It is a polish/cleaner for plexiglass/headlamps/etc.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Chip will know the answer to this one. [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, you can actually get that stuff clear again? I thought it was permanently toast.

Yet another example of why Slowtwitch rules.

-------
Andrew

"When will i learn, people do not want to hurt but will spend $500.00 bucks to go four seconds faster." - randall t
Quote Reply
Re: Chip or Rappstar will know the answer to this one. [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have used Mirror Glaze Plastic Cleaner and it works great. You can get it from most marine stores.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&productId=36407&catalogId=10001&classNum=34&subdeptNum=11201&storeNum=4

----------

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That stuff does not really work long term though. It is a temorary fix and then needs attention going forward. Depending on your car you may be better off calling a junk yard and getting newer lenses from a totaled car. I have a buddy who did this with a 300zx...both lenses cost him $40 and saved him a ton of elbow grease...if you live near, are willing to go, and willing to change out your own lenses...I would have to bet GM car? They are good for the plastic lenses...the more common the car the easier it will be to find cheap lenses....look for a rear end collision total car.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Novus is the name of the stuff I used.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply