Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? August 13 Edition
Quote | Reply
Tell use about it!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? August 13 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M - bike 18 mi, swim 3000 yds
T - bike 40 mi
W - bike 27 mi , hike 2 mi
T - bike 40 mi
F - bike 14 mi, swim 2800 yds
S - bike 25 mi, swim 3500 yds
S - bike 35 mi

Totals are 199 miles cycling and 9600 yards swimming.
One of my goals had been no bingeing. I binged two days - I was super, super tired and anxious.
Another goal had been to journal - I didn't - so busy. I need to journal this week because it is an important thing to make time for.

It's hard to cope w/o running (hurt my foot last Saturday; dr's appt Wed.) --- running kills my anxiety like nothing else. Cycling up Cadillac Mountain has been fun, particularly when I can chase or be chased. I like riding with other people.

I have a dinner invite this week that I am really anxious about. I don't know what the menu is ... it is at one of my professor's houses and I am touched at the invitation (it's a small gathering of students) but anxious about the food.

Adventure update: having lots of fun with the boyfriend. That's been part of why I am so tired!!!

Goals for this week: ride 6-7x, swim 2-3x. I see my doctor Wed. so we'll see what happens with running.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Last edited by: tigerchik: Aug 13, 12 1:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can sum up: all the hard work paid off. My "A" race of the season was yesterday and it went almost exactly as planned.

Aside from a few mishaps during the race (goggles had to be fixed 2x on the swim, I slipped and almost fell on my bum near the mount line after T1), I went a bunch faster than before and raced really hard. Some of my friends think the bike course was short - 23.6-23.9 miles according to their computers rather than the 24.8 (40k bike), and thought the run could possibly be a trifle short as well.
I've done the race several times before, I don't think the bike was short but the run seemed to be missing this little out and back section that's been there in other years, I remember thinking maybe they made up for it somewhere else.

I didn't use a Garmin, so I don't know, but with how I went I still would have had a major PR.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Determination, congrats on a good race. And TC, don't wear yourself out with that new adventure. ;-)

Finished the week with 22Kk yards of swimming and a 4 mile ows, so WIN on all fronts.

This week it's a shorter week with only 3-4 swims before I travel, and a 2.4 mile ows race on Sunday. Long swim for the week is 9x800. That will be fun!

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- swim x 3: WIN, though i really should have done 4
- bike x 3: WIN, though not nearly as much as i should have
- run x 4: WIN with 5 - i'm really happy with my running this week
- core/strength x 3: WIN

this week's goals:
- swim x 4
- bike x 3
- run x 6
- core/strength x 4

i really, really need to get out and do some technical mountain biking since i have an off-road tri on the 26th with some pretty hairy stuff to negotiate. should be pretty easy to motivate me, though, since i get to pick up a new addition to the family tomorrow:

now i just have to stop thinking about how much money i've spent and stop wondering if i should have bought a 29er (i did ride a couple before i bought the LG above, but didn't like them as much)..

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
way to go on all the biking. I hope your foot is OK, or it's not very serious. Keep us all posted!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nicely done, and take care of that foot!

Last week:
Run 4x (60' EZ; 45' with intervals; 60' EZ; 60' Tempo or Hills) -> DONE
Bike 4x (1 Commute+ and 1 Tri bike 2-4hrs) -> DONE
WCP 2x -> DONE
Swim 1x -> FAIL (day 1 of cycle on Sat - no dice!)

This past weekend we had a really scary incident in the AP household. P was out running with the dog and about 1k from home, got stung by a wasp twice on his R ankle. Normally no biggie, he's been stung lots. Apparently all that's over now. Within ~15min he's covered in welts, his face is numb (mouth too) and swollen, and he's feeling chest pains. Off to the ER we go. He's still stuck at home with a badly swollen foot/ankle (the swelling came back up late yesterday - I think we'll be going to the ER again shortly it's that bad) and can't put any weight on it. Now he'll have to carry an epi-pen at all times. :-(

This week: Not much planned.
Run 5x
Swim OW 1x
WCP 2x
Ride - maybe 1 or 2 - we'll see how things go....

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? August 13 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is scary. Hope he's ok.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dunno, we're heading back to the ER right now, his foot is pretty bad. :-(

Fingers crossed.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? August 13 Edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oooh, new toys. Like. :)

For me, not such a great week.

FeltLikeTriing wrote:
Goals for this week:
swim - 1
run - 3
bike - 2
+ racing Xterra Logansport (most likely will be my first non-wetsuit swim, so it will be interesting to see how I do)

swim - check
run - only 2
bike - 1, other got rained out
race - Ugh. Swim was fine, but I had zero oomph on the bike. Thinking I still haven't recovered from last week. Was still doing okay halfway into the run (4th/19), but then the bbq chicken pizza that I'd eaten for both dinner and breakfast came back to haunt me. (Long story, but yeah, that was not a good idea...) I have never cramped like that, it was terrible - lower ab cramps, high left side stitch, couldn't breathe. Finished 6/19 women, 58/107 overall.

Goals for this week:
Switching it up a bit since I have no more races for this year.
run - 5
bike - 1
strength - 4

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sorry to hear about the foot. That's too bad. Best of luck healing. You're young and will bounce back, but injuries suck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I had a decent week, but just running.
Ended week w/ Hottest Half - a very hot half marathon. Took 8th female, first master's. But my time wasn't so good. It was hot, I'm hoping my time drops in the fall.

Run - 52 miles
no bike or swim

BUT - I'm motivated to start adding both bike and swim back -

Goals for this week.
Run 55 miles
bike x 3
swim 1-2 times
core x 2

Happy training everyone.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? August 13 Edition [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on the 1st masters female!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. It's sometimes good to be old :)
Quote Reply