Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Luis Garneau Clothing
Quote | Reply
Does anybody here use LG clothes for tri? Either their training or pro clothes? Im sick of PI andwant to try something new. IS the quality and price ok? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Luis Garneau Clothing [da5511] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got 3 tri-tops and 3 tri-bottoms thare are LG. They seem to fall apart way too quickly IMHO. Maybe it's the nature of the sport though?

Do you guys find yourself buying tri-clothing quite a lot during a season? I bought an all3sports.com tri-suit ($99) only to wear it two or three times, and on a recent 60 mile ride, afterwards, I noticed the innnter thighs had a hole rubbed through. *sigh*

It might be my seat... but.

Trae

--
Trae McCombs
TSR - Sponsored by the Masses. Racing for the hell of it.
Ironman Finisher 2005 -- 14:09:18
Quote Reply
Re: Luis Garneau Clothing [occy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desoto rules!

seriously.

my bib tri shorts and zip top are so comfortable and don't show any wear yet , yes it's only been a month but i've had other desoto stuff and it's great.

"the trouble with normal is - it always gets worse"

- Cockburn
Last edited by: miater: May 22, 05 12:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can't beat Oomph! for quality, price, and durability. I have two of the tri zipper tops (one from last year) and a pair of their tri shorts and they're all top rate.

I love Desoto too. I mostly wear their tri shorts for training but I've found the chamois seams have started to come out on all three pairs in less than a year of wearing them.

LG stuff is alright (I still have a couple of their tops from '03) but not nearly as comfy as the Oomph! stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: Luis Garneau Clothing [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a LG swim suit this season, and after about a half dozen good pool workouts it was not fit to wear anymore. I agree with the above desoto rocks. I wear their bottoms all the time and they have held up great.
Quote Reply
Re: Luis Garneau Clothing [TriMike2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i had a pair of lg trishorts that i used mainly for swiming for a while last year. maybe two or three months after i started using them for swim training, the fabric started disintegrating.

________

70.3 is the cousin to OD........ Ironman has no relatives! -Simon Lessing

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i like the clothes. i have both cycling jerseys and also race clothing. the tri shorts i race and train in and like them quite well. the inside seams did tear up on two pairs, but i relate that to the saddle i had at the time. probably not the most durable stuff but i really really like it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriMike2, Did they get all saggy in the front? Where it seems like the liner seperated from the outside material? This is what happened to my 4" seam swim trunks(grey/orange) from LG.

Their stuff just seems to fall apart so quickly. *sigh* It does feel great for the first 2 or 3 uses though.

Maybe some of you rich tri-ers can throw away clothing more often , but I can't afford for this stuff to keep dying on me this quickly.

Trae

--
Trae McCombs
Quote Reply
Re: Luis Garneau Clothing [occy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is exactly what happened to them. Although mine were this years model. Pretty much the same except a little change in the colors, mine were grey and white. So, I guess we can say last years trunks and this years are junk! What a rip off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ugh,

Yeah, that's quite a suck. I've not been impressed at all with LG clothing as far as holding up to abuse goes. They seem to wear out and fall apart way too quickly. They do look good and fit good initially though. But if it can't hold up to HIM training, how in the heck is it going to holdup to IM training?

:(
Trae

--
Trae McCombs
Quote Reply