Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Things I hate - Sticky hands while riding
Quote | Reply
I HATE it when I am riding, take a drink of some sports beverage and end up with sticky hands, water bottle and bike. It has gotten so that I avoid sports drink when I can. And even when I should not.

Is there anything to be done about this?
Quote Reply
Re: Things I hate - Sticky hands while riding [JHESEE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pee on your hands will riding. That's what most people do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's funny - I hate that too! I usually get it from the damn GU or hammergel packs though. Ive since gone to the flask for the gel and the profile aerodrink between the bars and no problem!

Quote | Reply
Do your bottles leak? If so, toss 'em. Get yourself some good bottles. Test them before buying by closing them and squeezing the bottle. If air leaks, it's no good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely get good bottles, and take your time to drink out of them. Also, for GU a good thing to get is a flask. Hammer nutrition offers a flask for bulk gel orders. A lot cleaner than the tearing and squeezing those little packs.
Quote Reply
Re: Things I hate - Sticky hands while riding [neotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bottles do not leak. It is me. I'm huffing and puffing. I've tried to hold the bottle in different ways. I've tried holding my breath while drinking. I've tried lots of things. Bottles still get sticky. Bike gets sticky. Hands get sticky.

I WON'T STAND FOR IT ANYMORE.

And don't get me started on GU......

May all of my problems in life be of this magnitude....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about a aerobottle or camel pack? That might work. What distance are you doing? I hope you're not huffing and puffing on your longer rides, might mean you are working too hard:) If they are sprint sets than that is fine, so don't drink till you are done.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ultimate makes a great bottle. It has a soft nipple (looks kind of like the nipples on playtex baby bottles) that you bite down on to get the liquid. It pops back in really easy too, I think its called "the kicker valve" or something along those lines. The rep was at the Honolulu tri and gave me one to try out. It is now my favorite bottle. No spills/leaks ever (and I'm fairly clumsy).......kj

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply