Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

seat angles again
Quote | Reply
right Im a forum newbie-signing in with trepidation after seeing all the flack that fellow baffoons like me -who dont have the a first class maths or engineering degree- get when asking for advice or for that matter have granite worktops in their kitchens

Anyway, here goes, my predicament are as follows

doing my first IM in june at CDA coming across the pond from not so sunny and warm England.

Have a Felt B2 but breaks my back over long distance. Just bought a 56 Cervelo R2.5 and am going to use this for the IM. Have read some of Slowmans articles on seat angles etc-obviously had to put them down every 5 mins before my head expolded -but central to my theory of putting my easton bars on to 2.5 was that I would try to get a steeper seat angle by fitting an inline seat post-Slowman, however, tells me that this gives me a shallower angle and this just about blows my mind

...help someone

jonesey
Quote Reply
Re: seat angles again [jonesey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't try modifying the R.2.5 seat angle very much. In fact, it may be best to leave it as is with a pair of shortie aero bars. The maximum you should do is get a neutral set back seat post and slide the seat forward on the post. This should give you about a 75/76 seat angle. This is exactly what I did with my Giant TCR and is also the principle behind the Cervelo Soloist flip around post mechanism. Both these bikes have compact frames similiar in geometry to the R.2.5. and work very well in this "multisport" position. Don't try going any more forward than this with a forward seat post or you'll mess up the handling characteristics of the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: seat angles again [jonesey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
welcome to the Tribe...

.....no help until you buy something from 'The Peaceful Tribe' 100% for charity apparel made by Cervelo....heh heh heh heh

The charity we're helping is the Challenged Athlete Foundation and we have actual kids, with really sad stories, we're going to help out.....

Go to the link below:
https://customercare.cervelo.com/estore/orderform.aspx?type=2

The short answer to your question and the perfect solution before you start spending money wrongly is get a professional bike fit done. You will spend a few £££'s but it will save you loads over time. It will also save soooooooooooooooooooooooo much time and hassle. Trust me on this.

Not sure which fitter is nearer you so perhaps you could personal message jk_allens or UK Gear Muncher who're here regularly for an answer.

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply