Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kudos to Veltec
Quote | Reply
I had an Easton carbon post that had one of the bolts seized (this was the older, two bolt design rather than the newer, one bolt clamp). I did not worry about it until I had built my latest road bike, my beloved GT Course. My Giant Burrows seat post was too long in the aero section, so I needed a post. I used a cheap (but very functional and not a bad weight) Avenir mtn post with about 90 mm cut off (and saved about 35 grams) in the mean time.

Liquid Wrench had been sitting on the seized bolt for a good six months. It should loosen, right? Wrong. But I had a buddy of mine try to get it. He did. In the process, I had lost one of the rail binders.

I e mail Easton. Then, I decided to give them a call. The warranty guy called me the next day at 10:00 a.m. CDT. We had discussed what I was missing, and he said he would send me the parts. I waited nearly two weeks, but I got the parts. I am now a very happy camper.

Three points: 1) Never give up on something until you have exhausted every option. 2) Don't be afraid to ask- the worst answer you get is "no". 3) Sometimes calls are a lot better than e mail.

The final, last (but not least) point: Thank you to Veltec Sports for helping me out. I don't know if anybody from this fine distributorship reads this forum, but I am going to make it a point to order as many Veltec Sports-distributed items as I can. This blows me away. A thank you card will follow. Maybe it's time for a pair of Look pedals...
Quote Reply