Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: SBR (Harriman) Half Iron Tri - ROLL CALL [mpl201] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My bad - sorry Kyle (I think I saw the 5:02 on the results sheet, and forgot the 5 min adjustment - D'OH!!)

<< And hey, when they put a HIM 25 miles from my house in a venue where I've probably ridden 10,000 miles over the past 14 years, I'd better hold my own! ;-) >>

And that you did.

I can't claim the years or the mileage there, but I do live 5 miles closer ;-) so I'm glad I at least represented on the bike. (I am Toenail's worst nightmare/poster child - can't swim to save my life, but a good biker and improving runner, so I did pretty well in spite of my "swim" split)

Speaking of the bike (this IS Slowtwitch, after all - haha!), I noticed that way fewer folks went under 3:00 than even I predicted. That damn headwind on Seven Lakes Drive prolly had something to do with it. (and the hills, of course) Looks like fewer than 10 riders did sub-3 bike splits. Which brings me to...

Another thing I noticed (and I guess it's because they are just *preliminary* results on the website) is that some of the rankings are bizarre - like: there was no #1 fastest swimmer, the best ranking was 2. And the bike went 1-4, no #5, then 6-8, no #9, then 10. Wassupwiththat??

I'm a lot less sore now than I was this am, so I'm already thinking about doing it again next year ;-)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply

Prev Next