Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Some more Giro questions . . .
Quote | Reply
How would you outfit your bike for that Giro stage? I think I would want the widest road or cyclocross tire available and mountain bike pedals and shoes in case I had to get off and push through some of that mud.

Or, can riders change bikes during a stage? How about a mountain bike for this section? How do you think the directors will handle this stage. How will the Giro handle the caravan here?

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: Some more Giro questions . . . [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All they will do is maybe go for 24mm tires. They were good enough for Eddy and co back in the day and nobody wants to be a wuss. It will be so strung out by that point in the climb that picking the line you want shouldn't be a problem. If you have to stop and walk you've already lost so there is no point in worrying about it.

I think most of the domestiques would be better off on compact cranks though.

The way the race has gone so far it's easy to see why Cipo decided not to bother and make his exit the way he wanted rather than anonymously in the race.
Quote Reply
Re: Some more Giro questions . . . [mises] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sign me up, that climb is now on my ever growing "must do " list. Can't wait to see the carnage. G
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another good question is, what is the descent like?

-Colin

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Some more Giro questions . . . [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Another good question is, what is the descent like?

-Colin[/reply]

Your right, the author couldn't get all the way to the top, apparently because of the muck. The other side should be similar. That should also make for an interesting descent. I really am looking forward to this stage.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bike switches should be legal just like in the tour so there´s nothing to stop them switching for cyclocross bikes. Would I ? Depends on the descent and length of the stage remaining......
Quote Reply