Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Clermont weekend accomodations - info request
Quote | Reply
Hey, TomZ or KGrog, anyone else, any recommendations for a place to stay in Clermont, a bunch of us coming up from South Florida for a weekend for a couple of days hillwork? I've stayed at Summers Bay off 27 south of there, but would like somewhere closer.

Also, what's the story with a swim at the Training Centre, can you just show up and pay a fee?

Thanks

Barry
Quote Reply
Re: Clermont weekend accomodations - info request [bglading] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would say to call the holiday inn express (on hook st./SR27)(352 243-7878... first if its a big group. If you are a smaller group i would recommend either the magnolia manor inn (352-241-0844) or the minneola inn (352) 394-2232 or the old bicycle inn (352) 394-6944...they are all nice and my parents have stayed at each of em when they come to visit Gavin (our big boy)....minneola inn does get loud during weekends though my folks say..

as for the training center, i would say to call dave teske (352) 241-7144 if you are a group...and if your just a few people i would say to just show up and pay the fee...pool closes earlier on weekends though too...i think 3 pm on sundays.. also...there are always free visit coupons floating around in our local papers and race packets...

PM me the week you are coming! hope to see you!

KJG
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From the triflorida website. I've stayed with Dave a few times and it's fine, particularly if you have a few folks headed there for a training weekend. Cozy and friendly, yes. Amenities for non-triathletes and kids, no. Good bet overall.

"NEED A COZY PLACE TO STAY IN CLERMONT?" Do you need a cozy, friendly place to stay in Clermont before a triathlon, for a clinic, relocation, or while training? "Don't Worry". Clermont Homestay for Triathletes was established just to help you, the individual triathlete, in your time of need for a safe, economical, comfortable, and convenient place to stay in Clermont. Trihomestay, Clermont Homestay for Triathletes, can take care of your lodging needs. The homestay, which specializes in taking care of the individual triathletes that come to Clermont, has the ability to house several triathletes at one time. Why not stay in Clermont, and be close to everything. Open basically all year long, the trihomestay is not only for short stays, but is also for triathletes that need to stay for a long period of time. Now that's something to be happy about. PLUS, if you have a laptop, the homestay is networked for fast broadband internet service.

For further information, please send an Email to
trihomestay@cfl.rr.com ; or Phone (352) 394-4847; Cell (407) 963-5524; or Fax (352) 241-9798. Ask for Dave.

Don't Miss Out: Clermont Homestay for Triathletes is "Just for you" - It's "Your home away from home."

Quote Reply
Re: Clermont weekend accomodations - info request [Simple Stevie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave McFarland is a great guy and a real asset to the triathlon community here in Clermont. I would have to "second" that place as another very comfortable place. I actually stayed with Dave when I lived in South Florida and I use to come up for Freds races..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Give Kim Bussman a call at the NTC - (She is Dave's assistant) She has a book of places to stay - some condo's and houses right next to Waterfront Park. Her # is 352-241-7144 or e-mail her at kbussman@orhs.org.

Let me know when you will be coming up and I'll have some Free Day passes waiting for you at the front desk. You can use the pool, track and fitness facility for the day! Z

If you can get up early some weekend - try coming up for one of our Thursday night Lake Louisa Triathlons - next one is May 26th. Check out the dates on our web site at www.usantc.com. Z
Quote Reply