Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Motorcycle for sale
Quote | Reply
Given the choice, I'd keep all my bikes. Unfortunately, this one is getting used the least, and daddy needs a downpayment on a car, so it is time for my baby to go.

It is a green and white 1999 Yamaha V-Star Classic (650cc, but looks *a lot* bigger), with about 8000 miles on it (yes, only eight thousand, so you can see I have not been riding it much!). It is basically Yamaha's copy of the Harley Softtail. It is all original. I have added the optional backrest for the passenger, as well as engine guards and an extra set of road pegs.

It has never been wrecked, crashed, or even scratched for that matter. I have ridden the bike less than 10 times (about 150 miles) in the past 3 years. Oil has always been changed on schedule, and has not required any real maintinence, with the exception of the replacement of the oil-plug gasket some years back. Only cosmetic defect is discoloration of a small patch of plastic behind the tailpipes (from heat). The bike is definitely peppy, and is a *very* nice and comfortable ride. You will ride much farther, faster on this bike than you will on any Softride, Cervelo, or Trek.

The bike has always been garaged, with the exception of the first year or so I owned it, when it was parked under covered parking during rain/bad weather (sides and roof coverage, no door...which is basically garaged but I'm just being straight with you). Blue book value for the bike, without accessories is $3300. I'm asking for that because the bike is in such good condition and has been well taken care of, but it is certainly negotiable. This includes:

The tool kit

The saddlebags (size large, weatherproof imitation leather)

The engine guards w/road pegs

The optional passenger seat

A nice cover

I also have the following, which I will throw in if the buyer is willing to pay the full $3300

2 nice helmets...shoei and bieffe (full face w/ clear visor)

Harley-Davidson riding gloves

Harley-Davidson leather jacket

You'll have to come to the Washington DC metro area to pick it up. if interested, drop me an e-mail at coachphil@physfarm.com!

Philbert

Dr. Philip Skiba
Scientific Training for Endurance Athletes now available on Amazon!
Quote Reply