Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I'm turnin' 40! C'mon, bring it!
Quote | Reply
The Big EE is turnin' 40 at midnight tonight. I should probably stage some sort of monumental workout tomorrow to mark the occasion.

Anybody got any impossibly hard workouts for me?. I've got all day to do it. Let's hear 'em. I'll pick one and give it a whirl.

If it involves massive swimming, I'm gonna suffer. I've gotta half IM next month, but my swimming has been light so far. Running and biking, I'm good to go.

I'm about a 5:10 half IM guy, so I'm not very good. But I'm healthy, happy to be alive, and eating a donut at the moment. Bring it on ...

-- Big EE
Quote Reply
Re: I'm turnin' 40! C'mon, bring it! [Big EE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats EE!

Mine was 40 x 100m in the pool leaving on 2:00; followed by 40 miles out and 40 miles back on the bike; then 40 x 400 (really just steady running) on the track. Then a few brewkies and a date with my wife. Quite a day!

Best wishes,

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
100 X 40 on 10 sec rest.. Pick your pace and drill your self. If you’re lucky enough to swim with a masters group you mite be able to recruit some of them to share your pain.. I mean celebrate.

Well come to the club!

Paul

Quote | Reply
DOUBLE CENTURY

PS. I'm old, too. It is fun beatin' up on the young shits!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got drunk when I turned 40. Did a triathlon for 50.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was gonna suggest 40 mintue swim. A nice hardees thickburger (or comparable mexican food.) Go out for a forty mile bike ride. (What you drink on you ride is up to you.) Finish the bike. Throw down a couple plates of chinese food, and go out for a forty mile run. (Run without a shirt, and right "I'm a forty year-old stud" on your chest.) Finish up by eating a whole wedding cake.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I was turning 40 I'd be celebrating my new-found youth. It's just a number, dude.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm turnin' 40! C'mon, bring it! [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
David, your workout is almost the same one I was thinking about, except I was only thinking 40 miles on the bike, not 80. Maybe I better cowboy up a little.

I hadn't thought about the Hardees thickburger or wedding cake, either. Very good thoughts.

I might try to work a 40-once beer in there, too. Do they still make Colt 45 in those big 40-oz bottles?? We used to call those things "Emergency 40s" in college. They only came out for special occasions.

I hope I'm not too tired to get lucky with Mrs. Big EE. She digs me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Multiple sets of 12 ounce curls.

Quote | Reply
The Big Kahuna Half IM was the day after mine so my actual birthday was kind of mellow, spent with the wife and kids playing at the motel pool and squaring the gear away.

But, my mum got me a t-shirt that said "It took me 40 years to look this good!" Damn straight!

Anyway, prepare to age up and dominate the old men for awhile. And rather than the Type-A workout celebration, why don't you just ease into this one with a 40 oz. malt liquor and a big steak. You'll just hurt yourself anyways. Remember, you're wiser now.

Mr. Uncaptured External Costs

Fossil carbon is planetary poison.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Run 40 miles, one for each year you've been around. Should take you........all day. Then celebrate.

Relax2dmax

"Just remember there is only 2 letters difference between STUD and STUPID." Heard on the course of the 1998 Lost Boys Ultramarathon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I turned 40 I rode 150 miles point to point, to a golf course, met a friend and played 9 holes. It was pretty silly but great fun. Drank a lot of beer.

I turn 50 in July...........Urraaah!
Quote Reply