Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How the heck do you route a Elite T-class front derailleur cable? (not '05 model)
Quote | Reply
The aero seat tube gets in the way near the bottom bracket when it is supposed to come up under and go to the front der. So it pretty much would just rest and rub on the tube when I shift. Anyone have this frame? Seems like I'm stupid or it's not the brightest frame design.
Quote Reply
Re: How the heck do you route a Elite T-class front derailleur cable? (not '05 model) [sleepy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
David makes GREAT bike...no questions he makes a great bike and I really wish I had that over my over hyped P3 that does nothing but dissapoint me. David really thinks out his bikes (as does Gerard). You may want to try to loosen your cable guide and move it away from the chain stay...if that does not work e-mail or call David.

Oh...I am about a breath away from selling the P3 and getting a Razor...the Razor has some serious soul. I rode one of David's Joule (his personal one) at IMLP and it was with out question one of the best bikes I have ever ridden.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: How the heck do you route a Elite T-class front derailleur cable? (not '05 model) [sleepy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You need to route a loop of housing OVER the top of the BB shell, between the two housing stops.

I have a Razor - and Campy is right; It's Grrrreeeeaaat.

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Re: How the heck do you route a Elite T-class front derailleur cable? (not '05 model) [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got a Razor last month. I love it. Handles like a champ, really stiff, light considering how big the frame is (6'3", most of it legs). And it has custom paint, how awesome is that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike R

Software Engineer and Mac geek
Aspiring to be front-middle-of-the-pack in 2010.
Quote Reply
Re: How the heck do you route a Elite T-class front derailleur cable? (not '05 model) [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love the bike, no mistake about that. The bike is sick. I've just never seen a routing thing like this. I'm even a mechanic! I called elite and they said there should be a different cable guide I don't have on there.

I knew Elite wouldn't make a frame that dumbassed. I'll post pics for you elite lovers once its done.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Simple, call David and get the correct cable guide. That is the simple fix. Or, you can cheat and simply use your cable guide and run a small piece of housing where the cable would rub the frame. This is how we cured the issue early on many many years ago before the new cable guides were made.

I'm sure he has one he can send you.
Quote Reply