Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Draughting is cheating.
Quote | Reply
It seems that your time is now dependent on how much you want to cheat. This is not a purely American phenomenon. Any one that did the Windsor, Salford and London Olympic distance triathlons at age group level will be aware of it and may even have draughted themselves. I suggest the problem can be improved (though not solved) by the following measures
  1. No chances. If you are seen draughting by a trained marshal you are disqualified. The marshal's decision is final.
  2. An accepted ratio of static and mobile marshals per number of competitors
  3. Separate draught and non-draught races. If you want to draught do it legally. Sport for all!
  4. Personal responsibility. I don't believe peolple cannot judge the appropriate distances. Its simple, pass or drop back.
  5. Race Directors to address the problem of course overcrowding. Its largely a greed/economics issue.
  6. Enforce accurately the pre-existing rules and get those pumps out!!!

Its a start??

MW
Quote Reply
Confused [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Um....whats Draughting?
Quote Reply
Re: Confused [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess if you were drinking draught beer, that would be cheating.
Quote Reply
Re: Draughting is cheating. [MattWaterhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DOOOOOOOD: Draughting is good, particularly if it's Guinness! :)

But, see the other thread for my views.

We love you guys on the other side of the pond. Really, we do! :), But you spell dreadfully....

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: Draughting is cheating. [Robert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a fair cop guv'nor. I feel suitably shamed and embarrassed.and probably deserved patronising. My consolation is that I'm not a lonely dyslexic on this forum. I still think the points are valid.

Mine's a pint of mild,

MW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mmmmmm... Draughting is much better than drafting!!

Cheers,

E-Z

--It ain't a good idea to swim near MY bubbles! Tongue
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Matt:

Yer preachin' to a small choir and a large pub of sinners lad. And yer points are quite good....

This is a slow night at slowtwitch, bein' August, hot, and Monday. We're all recovering from long workouts. 'Course, with the heat going over 35 on yer little island you must be a bit dehydrated as well today.

:)

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't feel bad. I looked it up in American Webster Dictionary. They had qualifiy the term "dictionary" by putting the term "American" in front of it.

Draught: Chiefly British Variant of draft. Draft:
  1. The drawing of a liquid, as from a cask or keg.
  2. An amount drawn: ordered two drafts of ale

Quote Reply