Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

QR quality
Quote | Reply
From the guy who had the zipper on his 2003 superfull, self-destruct (aka it's YKK's fault).

Just purchased a 2005 superfull. Have used it 5 or 6 times so far and the seam tapes at the crotch, a couple on the leg cuffs, are starting to peel off. Now it isn't too hard to break out the repair kit and just glue the things back on, but it isn't too out of line to ask a bit more quality control on a suit that is priced as it is, right?
Quote Reply
Re: QR quality [mixedccr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're absolutely correct that there shouldn't be a defect on a $500 suit after just a few uses, which is why QR has a warranty that they back up:

Quintana Roo wetsuits are designed as high performance triathlon and swimming accessories and are engineered to exacting standards. All QR wetsuits have a 2-year warranty against manufacturers defects, which covers glued and stitched seams, and warrantable wetsuits will either be replaced or repaired at our discretion. Fingernail tears, other accidents or incidents*, and natural wear and tear are not covered under this warranty and are the responsibility of the owner. The cost of repairing a damaged suit will have to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Our policy in terms of freight in case of warranty is that you pay freight to us, we pay freight to you. We will send the wetsuit to you in the same manner of priority sent to us.** If the wetsuit is in need of repair outside of warranty, freight both ways is the responsibility of the owner of the wetsuit.

I'm assuming you may have a 'lemon' as I have never had an issue w/ a QR suit, so my suggestion would be to follow-up with QR directly. I'm sure QR would much rather remedy any problems you're having vs reading about it on a forum, so give them a chance to fix this and then if there still is not a resolution, post it on the forum (not vice-versa).

Brian Shea
http://www.PersonalBestNutrition.com
Open-Water/Masters Swimming at the Jersey Shore:
Monmouth County NJ Ocean Swim/Masters Workouts
Quote Reply
Re: QR quality [mixedccr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a 13 year old QR fullsuit that recently got replaced because it had shrunk in the sun and salt water ;-) I never had a single problem with the QR, not even wetsuit hickies.

I now have an Ironman VO2 Stealth. (bad hickies) The switch was primarily because at the time, the New Zealand dollar was nicknamed the South Pacific Peso (39 cents US) (now it's 73 cents US) and they (Ironman) had a great sale, that included a free Hybrid full suit! I sold the hybrid to a friend but I shoulda kept it. I got the new suit from the international headquarters that was about 5 blocks from my office. Too easy.

QR make great suits. Give them a chance to fix your suit THEN bag them online.

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: QR quality [tridork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya know, I just 'gotta ask - what are "wesuit hickies?"

Re: QR quality [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're new at this right? :-)

Wetsuit "hickies" are rashes/grazes that you get on your neck, from the turning of your head to breathe, while wearing a wetsuit. Some suits are better than others, but there's no real predicting which suit will give you them. My QR hardly ever gave tehm while my Ironman suit gives them most (but not all) the time. They are particularly good conversation starters at the office on monday's after a weekend race.

There are all sorts of recommended remedies. Some work, some don't. Do a search here on Slowtwitch and I'm sure all will be revealed.

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: QR quality [tridork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, not new but I am sure light on the down under lingo. I've been married too long to remember what a "hicky" is.

I've certainly had my share of neck rash (Xterra Vector Pro) and underarm rash (Stealth) as well.

Thanks for the clarification!

Re: QR quality [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually learned the term when I was living in Canada (wetsuits REQUIRED!!!!) but everyone here in NZ knows it too.

Underarm rash? Ouch. Maybe make sure your suit is on properly. The guys at Ironman said that the arms should be pulled up far enough that when you point your ars straight out from your side, horizontal with the ground, there should be a bit of wetsuit bunched up on top of your shoulder and that there should be NO gap between your underarm and the suit. The suit should also be snug up under your crotch so the suit isn't being pulled down onto your shoulders.

TriDork

Quote Reply