Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: OK guys, gimme a hand here: Editorial ideas you may enjoy- put 'em here... [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a matter of fact, here is a link to my agent's page and the rights to my book.

http://www.zackcompany.com/...oadistantsunrise.htm

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: OK guys, gimme a hand here: Editorial ideas you may enjoy- put 'em here... [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny...I have written a small fragment of "Tickle" and have publishers oddly enough calling me. Seriously, I also got an e-mail from someone claiming to be from a "popular daytime televison talk show"...all have been deleted. I know that nothing is that easy

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: OK guys, gimme a hand here: Editorial ideas you may enjoy- put 'em here... [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I vote for a story on Steven.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom, that post you had a week or so back where you talked about your path and Gordo's crossing at IMC in 99 was really interesting.

Something about the level of commitment needed to take things to the next level, and the next, would be cool.

From where I sit, you are clearly a pretty talented athlete, but I'll wager you have never trained full time for 2/3 yrs to see how good you could get. Most of us can't/don't. But if we did, how good could we get?

kiwipat

per ardua ad astra
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If the first chapter of "Race to a Distance Sunrise" I was lucky enough to read is anything to go by, I for one will be going to Borders when the deal is clinched.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about an opinion piece on how to pick your training partners and the pitfalls of picking the wrong one. I'm looking for a training partner for IN CDA for 2006 and there are so many angles I'm trying to figure before commiting to someone. Personality, drive, commitment, ego, all are factors I'm looking at before I say yes. How about a comparison between picking a mate versus picking a training partner. That might make entertaining reading!

Cheers, Karma

Dave Stark
dreamcatcher@astound.net
USAC & USAT level 2 certified coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about some more detailed descriptions of some of those "other" races you have done. In particular the desert race - Marathon de Sable?? Mountaineering escapades etc etc.

There is a week long desert race held in South Africa which sounds similar in design to the one you did and I sure would be interested in more info of what the race was like and how you prepared.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the thread, who's your favorite pro triathlete, you mentioned a few that you really liked (don't remember which ones).

You could tell us your reasons for this choice, why they inspire you so much and why more than others.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about a some anecdotal tales of races by yourself or other locals but not by big name athletes ? Lets hear some 'sit round the fire' stories.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.
Quote Reply
Re: OK guys, gimme a hand here: Editorial ideas you may enjoy- put 'em here... [Wozza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A lot of that can already be found here too:

http://www.actiontom.com/

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about something along the lines of "How do You Do It?" - the idea would be to follow a 'typical' triathlete through a 'typical' week. Triathletes are pretty well known (at least by other triathletes) for time management and finding ways to cram training into the nooks and crannies of everyday life - it might be of interest to follow somebody for a week and see how an actual person does it. I'd say, focus on a decent athlete - not a superstar, just an AG'er who is committed to training and works hard to do the best with the tools and time they've got. A diary of sorts, if you will.

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about the subject of pain as it relates to athletics and life in general. Some of us seek it out in varying degrees. Some have the ability to really suffer, whereas others don't like to go far outside of their comfort zone. Does pain make us feel alive? Is the pursuit filling a void for something missing? Bring in some elite vs. AG people stories. Blah..blah...blah.

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: OK guys, gimme a hand here: Editorial ideas you may enjoy- put 'em here... [mts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both this and mthammer's ideas are strong. I am glad I put this thread up.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom, Mike O says you stock Shimano shoes, do you arry the R215?

Quote Reply
Re: OK guys, gimme a hand here: Editorial ideas you may enjoy- put 'em here... [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about the motivation that get someone from England to go to your shop?

I'm looking forward to read your book Tom. I was folowing and dreaming about the Raid years ago...

Good Luck with publishing

Richard

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever" - Larry Andersen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two ideas that I think people may find interesting.

1. A day in the life of a pro.-I'm not talking about the glamorous stuff like home many miles a guy rides, or what his VO2 max is. I would be interested in following a pro (like Frankie) through a typical day. What time does he get up? What kind of music is on the radio while he's paying his bills? Does he call his buddies in the afternoon just to see "what's up"? Just everyday things like that.

2. Paying Back-I bugged a friend of mine to buy a road bike for 2 years so he could ride with "us". He finally buys one and shows up at the group ride. The problem is, no-one wants to ride with him because he's a "newbie". It was the week before an important ride, so even I didn't want to ride 15 mph with a guy that had sweat pants on and ski gloves. But I couldn't just leave the guy behind, so I volunteered to ride with him while everyone else took off.

This was one of my favorite rides ever. He gave me the scenic tour of his old town. Pointed out every golf course, where the dentist lived, where the best steakshouse was. He was so excited to be on the bike. No heart rate monitor, no sprinting up hills, no worrying about who has the latest carbon thing on their bike. Just a guy who was so excited to be out on the country roads on his bike.

It definitely reved up my enthusiasm (sp?) and love for just being on the bike. I thought when I told everyone in the group that I would hang back and ride with him that I was "paying back" something to the sport. I was "that guy" before and fortunately people helped me along. It turns out he was "paying back" to me more than I could have thought.

Jeff
Quote Reply
Re: OK guys, gimme a hand here: Editorial ideas you may enjoy- put 'em here... [rferron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's funny you mention that. I just got an e-mail from my agent this morning. He mentioned he was still pounding the pavement with my book.

Sooner or later......

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By the way Tom, a small off topic question,

I received the CSC Jersey (they're great thanks!!!) and was wondering if you had x-small? The small one is a little too large for my GF so I was wondering if I could send it back to you against a XS (If you have some of course). I would naturally pay the shipping.

Thanks

Richard

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever" - Larry Andersen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
get a view from the middle of the pack. guys riding a mt bike or road bike who are simply racing to do thier best, not trying to win. wearing cotton shirts, floppy bathing suits, tennis shoes to run in. you see them all the time, wanting to complete their first tri; they lost a ton of weight or quit smoking, or are overcomng some demons to beter themselves. no skinsuits, no $4k bikes, no aero nothing...just a desire to do their best.

or, my buddy dave kanners. had his last chemo treatment for pancreatic cancer a week ago thursday, and was my teammate in the 8-hour adventure race at pontiac lake state park 2 days later. 2 weeks before, he had chemo on thrusday and did a 24 hour race in southern indiana w/dick west and 2 others on saturday am!!! inspiring stuff, and tough as nails. and never says a word about his condition. humble, strong as hell, and never lets this poison get in his way of kicking lots of ass.
Quote Reply
Re: OK guys, gimme a hand here: Editorial ideas you may enjoy- put 'em here... [rferron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think we do. Can you give Mike Aderhold a call at (313) 278-1350 to check? He will take care of you instantly.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: OK guys, gimme a hand here: Editorial ideas you may enjoy- put 'em here... [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ask this because I lost my Slowtwitch Dictionary.

What does MOP and FOP mean?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom,

Have you decided on a topic yet? Check your PM about what we discussed.

Bob
Quote Reply

Prev Next