Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cipo bows out of cycling at the Giro.
Quote | Reply
Super Mario announced his retirement this evening at the prologue of the Giro d'Italia. The organizers allowed him to ride the prologue course in front of the crowd as a farewell. In his inimitable style he finished his career astride a bike finished in the Giro Pink wearing a full skinsuit and matching gloves of the same colour with the veins and arteries in silver!

Ciao, Mario.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Cipo bows out of cycling at the Giro. [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It won't be complete unless the UCI fines him for violating team uniform rules.

Long live Mario!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Too cool. Anyone have pics of the "last ride" skinsuit. This will be a collector's item.

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Super Mario announced his retirement this evening at the prologue of the Giro d'Italia. The organizers allowed him to ride the prologue course in front of the crowd as a farewell. In his inimitable style he finished his career astride a bike finished in the Giro Pink wearing a full skinsuit and matching gloves of the same colour with the veins and arteries in silver!

Ciao, Mario.
Cipollini announced his retirement over a week ago in Milan... and the organizers didn't allow him, they invited him... visit cycling sites much? ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Cipo bows out of cycling at the Giro. [MojojojoMasterG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry for trying to provide a service.

I'll retire to bed with my tail between my legs and my head bowed.

I bet you even had a pre-ride picture of his skinsuit too.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Sorry for trying to provide a service.

I'll retire to bed with my tail between my legs and my head bowed.

I bet you even had a pre-ride picture of his skinsuit too.
Make sure to spin three times before lying down... it wards off the doggie boogie man.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
REGGIO CALABRIA, Italy, May 7 (Reuters) - Close to tears, Italian cycling champion Mario Cipollini bade farewell to the Giro d'Italia on Saturday.

The 38-year-old Tuscan waved to the crowd after riding down the prologue time trial course five minutes behind the last official rider Damiano Cunego.

Cipollini rode in a special pink jersey decorated with the names of the towns where he won each of his 189 career victories.

"It's a moving moment. I'm leaving a life behind me," he said.

"It's nice to know that people pay me back with affection but this is the end of the road for me.

"The Giro was a dream for me, so it's not easy to express what I'm feeling.

"I've had a lot from cycling but I think I've also given a lot to it. Now it's time to make room for some younger riders."

Cipollini announced his retirement last week after 17 years as a professional, having won a record 42 stages at the Giro.
Quote Reply
Re: Cipo bows out of cycling at the Giro. [prof v] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And no Finisher's T-Shirt.
Quote Reply
Re: Cipo bows out of cycling at the Giro. [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Cipo bows out of cycling at the Giro. [jmhtx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The podium girl (correctly) thinks Lancaster is more handsome...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We shoukld all hope to retire like this. Emotional and so cipo. Only he could look good in a pink skinsuit.

Who have we got now to replace him ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Damn....look at that gluteous maximus! You could set a tea cup on that and not spill a drop!

Quote | Reply
[reply]We shoukld all hope to retire like this. Emotional and so cipo. Only he could look good in a pink skinsuit.

Who have we got now to replace him ?[/reply]

I don't know we'll ever get anyone to replace him. Seems like some guys have the legs and others have the style, but no one has both. Dang I'm gonna miss Re Leone.
Quote Reply