Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ITBS Thoughts
Quote | Reply
ITBS stopped my running and riding on March 25th. I started icing and stretching it that day. I followed basic ITBS practice for two weeks. I got a foam roller and started to use that. I decided to go through my Doc. and get some orthopedic help. They sent me to a PT. I have had 4 treatments and my leg feels much looser. I have been stretching and foam roller every day. I do not feel that dull ache during non exercise days. On April 30 I road low gear, easy spin, flat 30 miles. There was a lot of stop and waiting in the ride. I would stretch at these stops. That was Saturday, on Monday I had my 4th PT session. They are using ASMT Therapy. Since my legs are feeling looser, I thought I would try a run on Tuesday. I could only go 6 minutes.

Is all of this PT and foam roller work only keeping the ITB inflamed? Should I stop and do nothing for 30 days and then start the roller and stretching again? I am going to talk with the PT on Friday, but I like to go into these types of meetings with as much Info as possible.
Quote Reply
Re: ITBS Thoughts [campguy71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From my own experience, nothing is more frustrating than this injury. I would not stop the treatment, keep at it and eventually it will work. Be careful not to stretch too much especially when your are not warmed up.

ITBS may be caused by your bike position, try lowering your saddle height and see if that helps. Also make sure your saddle is flat and not tilted up.
If you are pain free for a few days, start running on a treadmill versus the road.
Quote Reply
Re: ITBS Thoughts [campguy71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This ITBS thread recurrs about as often as we seem to be inflicted by it.

I was reviewing some earlier threads and am beginning to wonder if there is a corrolation between ITBS and some of the sports we have done in the past. Like sprinters or soccer players and some of the other power sports that would cause disproportionate development of the calf muscle.

I was a sprinter and also played soccer and basketball (not anymore). I know that I have to spend extra time stretching and warming up to reduce my chances of re-injuring the ITB.

Just wondering...

Jay
Quote Reply