Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Question for Xterra wetsuit owners [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the same good experience as you with both of the suits I've purchased from them.
Quote Reply
Re: Question for Xterra wetsuit owners [pmooney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pmooney wrote:
DO NOT ORDER ONLINE WITHOUT KNOWING YOUR EXACT SIZE AND SUIT ORDER!

This is a first for me, but felt that if this even helps one other person save hundreds of dollars then it is worth the review.

These are great wetsuits but DO NOT attempt a return. KNOW your size and exact suit before ordering. You will NOT get an exchange or your money back. Below is the process I have gone through and been scammed out of my money.

I ordered the suit on 7/5.
I received the suit on 7/10.
I tried it on and it did not fit. I followed the exact process as described for trying on and drying your wetsuit. This is not my first time putting on a wetsuit, I am very familiar with the handling process.
I returned the suit on 7/21, via the exact same postal service in which it was sent to me, UPS Ground.
The suit was delivered on 7/25. I have confirmation via UPS Ground.
I followed up with Xterra on 8/2 asking for details because I had not heard from them about the return and got no response.
I followed up with Xterra on 8/6 asking for details because I had not heard from them about the return and got no response.
I called Xterra on 8/7 asking for details and the individual on the phone could not find my order.
Xterra, emailed me on 8/8 alerting me that Xterra had lost the package.
I provided shipping information on 8/9 and got no response.
I followed up on 8/13 and got no response.
On 8/15 Xterra followed up saying the suit had been damaged even though it had been sent back 4 weeks prior in perfect condition.
I followed up on 8/16 with photo evidence that the suit had been returned in perfect condition and got no response.
I followed up on 8/22 as I had gotten no response.
Xterra responded on 8/23 saying they believed I had ripped gashes into the wetsuit with my finger nails and refused an exchange or full return. I believe this is being used as the rationale as it is a very common way to damage suits and a challenging claim to prove false.
I followed up on 8/23 with my recounting of events and photo evidence and was hopeful for a resolution.
Xterra responded on 8/23 with "We have been in business for over 17 years. Our company is the largest triathlon wetsuit manufacture in North America....You damaged the suit. There is no reason to debate this fact...." ........ The FACT is that the wetsuit was sent back in perfect condition and there is photo evidence to prove it.

This has been the worst customer service of my life. The facts I know are that, I ordered a suit that was two large and returned it in perfect condition asking for an exchange in a smaller size. The facts I DO NOT know… I do not know what happened to the suit during the three weeks it was lost in Xterra’s own facility. I do not know that the picture of the damaged suit they are sending is of my suit or a completely different damaged suit. It is frustrating and above all else disappointing. Before you order, remember that as the consumer, you have no power and that Xterra holds all the cards. The most I can do it post this review to try to help the next person.

Don't wetsuits have serial numbers?
Can't they prove it's your suit?
Turn it into UPS as in insurance claim.

Something seems off here, it's possible yours was mistaken for another return.

Grow with data: Dynamic Sports Data | eBay store
Quote Reply
Re: Question for Xterra wetsuit owners [D_PRC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Having a similar issue with Xterra Customer service, although my suit started tearing the moment I tried it on. Now I'm stuck with a suit that has only been tried on twice prior to touching water, with multiple tears during both attempts. (I own couple other suits for several years without any issues)

Ordered the Vortex on July 11th in preparation for the IMMT race Aug 19th.
received it on July19th and tried it out for the first time on the 27th after returning from a work trip.
noticed two tears after removing the suit at home. bummed thinking it was my fault but when trying it on again the next morning, several other locations started tearing in front of my eyes.

Emailed Xterra with photos of the tears but got no reply for several weeks. Made failed phone call attempts for several days in the meantime to catch a human response. FINALLY got a hold of someone in the boards dept Aug. 27th, only to be told that I either pay for the defected suit to be returned to me, or take a $50 credit for a brand I don't care to support any longer.
Not sure how to proceed.
PS - IMMT was a warm swim so I wore my 3yr old sleeveless suit for a 1:07:00 time.

From Xterra
"Our returns manager researched your order. We received a return from you with damages. (See attached photo of the damage)
Your wetsuit is being held until you decide how you would like to proceed.

We can only accept returns on product that has not been damaged. https://www.xterrawetsuits.com/pages/returns

We have two options for your considerations:
Option #1: We can send the wetsuit back to you. The freight cost for returns is $25 per wetsuit.
Option #2: You may trade this wetsuit in for a $50 website credit towards your next purchase.
Please get back to us at your earliest convenience. In the interim, we will store your wetsuit in a secure area."

Update: 08.30.18 4:00pm
Spoke to a Jason from Xterra pretty much telling my that I "abused the suit" and tore the suit with my finger nails (which is false) because he sees "crescent shaped" tears all over. Also adds that the Vortex is the #1 selling suit so it cannot be a manufacturing defect and a refund will not be provided. As soon as I mentioned I wanted to record this conversation, he hung up. Really do not know what to do nor say. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Last edited by: Tritops: Aug 30, 18 16:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BUYER BEWARE - I had almost the exact same experience trying to return a wetsuit. They didn't take it back and charged me for returning it.

I ordered the Xterra Vengance wetsuit on June 14. It arrived shortly after that and I soaked it in water as recommended by Xterra before trying it on. I found the fit to be snug and restricting in the arms. I swam in it twice and did not find it comfortable or any better than my 4 year old suit from another manufacturer.

I returned the suit, in the same condition as I received it. The tracking number from USPS showed “No Access to Delivery Location” on July 13th and the same on the 14th (Friday and Saturday). I emailed then in the morning regarding the access on July 16th, which apparently helped, as USPS was able to deliver the return. I never heard from Xterra regarding the return.

On August 17h, I emailed Xterra again regarding my refund, which had not been processed yet. They promptly responded to my inquiry (now a month after not hearing from them), stating “We received a return from you with damages and tears in multiple areas.” They provided a single photo showing a single tear in an unidentifiable location on a wetsuit. They said the box it was returned in had not signs of damage.

I requested more photos of the multiple damages. The wetsuit I returned was worn twice and did not have any damages on it when I returned it, much less multiple damages. They offered to send the damaged wetsuit back to me for a fee of $25 or provide an instore credit for a fraction of the purchase price.
After further questioning, they changed their statement to a single tear in the crotch area.

They refused to refund my purchase price or accept responsibility for the defect or concede that after a month in their possession, it may have been torn at their facility. They ultimately mailed the suit back to me at my expense. I received it this week with a tear in the crotch area, which matches tears described in other complaints posted about Xterra. Buyer beware, these expensive wetsuits apparently tear very easily and the company does not warranty their product.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree, something was super off. I asked these kinds of questions just trying to clarify that it was in fact my suit and they refused to provide any information. In fact, when I asked for details about the suit to determine that it was actually mine since they had lost it in their own facility for over 3 weeks they said QUOTE “you are simply being dishonest..... This will be our last email to you..”

It was the most unbelievably horrible customer service experience of my life. BUYER BEWARE big time predatory sales practices happening here.
Quote Reply

Prev Next