Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: BicycledoctorUSA??? [thejunk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
like some others who have recently posted here, I had a good experience. Like others have said, it's a small family run operation but it's legit.

I bought a Ritchey Ti Break Away, and got a good price and good customer service - and i wasn't a great customer! (though you should get a bit more leeway when you're dropping some change on a bike, right?)

hope that eases your fears.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thejunk wrote:
Relax relax, I'm just sick of scammers and don't want to get screwed.

Do a search here. Lots of people have bought from him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A repeat customer here too. Steve Dodds and his son Eric are easy to work with. They used to, and still may, give a discount for paying by check since they don't have to pay credit card fees. Once I ordered a set of wheels from them and picked them up at the Hilly Hundred. They always are one of the shops at the expo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thejunk wrote:
Has anyone else on here bought from bicycle doctor USA? The prices and offers seem to good to be true, anyone prove me wrong?

I bought three and a half sets of zipp wheels ( 808 tubular 2008, sub 9 with 1080, 808 clincher, 808 front firecrest carbon clincher). Steve is awesome to deal with. You've seen their website, you know where they save money!

Ken

"the trick is to keep losing weight until your friends and family ask you if you've been sick. then you know you're within 10 pounds. if they start whispering to each other, wondering if you've got cancer or aids, you're within 5. when they actually do an intervention, you're at race weight." - Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
x whatever, I've purchased wheels from them twice. Fast email response, personal service. It is unfortunate people keep beating them up due to their admittedly poor website.
Quote Reply
Re: BicycledoctorUSA??? [jmt8345] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered 2012 HED Jet 6/9 last week and sent them a check. I should be receiving the wheels by the end of this week. So far, Steve has been very responsive and makes dealing with them very very comfortable.

I, too, looked at their website and just called.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bought a Kestrel Airfoil from them couple of years back . No issues
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I purchased 3 Ritchey Break Away frames from them 18 months ago from the UK. Not an easy scenario.I found them excellent. There were delays but they kept me in touch. Recommended.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have purchased from BicycledoctorUSA for years. Never had a problem. I have spent several grand with them so not small items.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought wheels from them and tires and am getting ready to buy my 2012 race season Conti's from him this week. I had a great experience from them. Would definately buy again...
Quote Reply
Re: BicycledoctorUSA??? [vibrolux] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a sram red group from them. Great experience, I'd do it again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've purchased a couple of items from them, including a Hed Jet 60 front wheel. No issues. They offer a military discount & a cash discount.

Steve

"If you ain't first, you're last." Reese Bobby Talladega Nights
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I actually bought a frame from them a while back. They're legit.

Only thing that irritates me about them is that the old man tends to hang up the phone before you're done talking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought as "Cutters" jersey from that dude when I was passing through Bloomington for work. He was a good guy and had a few stories from shooting the movie way back when.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New here but I had a friend that bought a ton of stuff from the two years ago. All went well for him. I actual from them for him and made the call to check them out first.

BoulderCyclingCoach.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't mean to dig up an older thread but after reading this I took the plunge and ordered a 2012 Jet 9 wheelset. The wheels just came in today. Dealing with Steve was flawless - he provided better customer service through phone/email than most LBSs I go to. He offered me a discount if I wrote a check rather than paying by card. I was a bit hesitant at first but it all worked out. I would definitely buy from them again.

Support cancer research with the world's longest annual charity bike ride.
Texas 4000 for Cancer
Austin, TX to Anchorage, Alaska
http://texas4000.org/
Quote Reply
Re: BicycledoctorUSA??? [santino314] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They seem too good to be true...but they ARE! Bought some Jets, a Breakaway and some components from them at great prices and they arrived right away. They're great to deal with!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
willmillertriathlon.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: BicycledoctorUSA??? [WillNJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know this is an old thread, but when I was looking for info about this company (I was skeptical at first) this is the thread that came up. I just purchased a set of Vector 3 pedals (great price!) from them and their customer service was great. Steve kept me updated on the status throughout the process so I was never left wondering when my pedals would arrive. I would definitely do business with Steve and Bicycle Doctor USA again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can anyone update on this shop? Pricing still looks better then anywhere else I am looking for a zipp 858

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: BicycledoctorUSA??? [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've ordered from Bicycle Doctor. Customer service isn't great and there is no return policy, so keep that in mind. I eventually received my order and the item was defective, but Bicycle Doctor wouldn't take them back and told me to talk to the manufacturer.
Quote Reply
Re: BicycledoctorUSA??? [kajukenbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can always do a chargeback.
Quote Reply
Re: BicycledoctorUSA??? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only if you pay with credit card. I made the mistake of sending money via Chase Quick Pay to avoid the Credit Card fees.
Quote Reply

Prev Next